Hope you guys all had a great weekend!
Yesterday my Mom and I went on a lovely 20 mile bike ride through gorgeous Minnesota trails. I loved riding outdoors again; it had been too long! Of course now my legs are killing me, but I suppose that’s a good thing.
It occurred to me that I get incredibly hungry both during and after my rides, and so it’s probably a good idea to pack healthy snacks with me to provide me with extra energy. Granola bars are great and all but come on, who doesn’t love a lovely little muffin to snack on?! Obviously I’m a MUFFIN LOVER FOR LIFE and today I’m sharing my favorite muffin recipes from my blog.
All of these muffins have a few things in common: they’re healthy, focus on clean ingredients, and are all under 200 calories! They really are the perfect breakfast or snack — plus they’re freezer friendly, too! It’s great to have grab ‘n go breakfasts just in case you wake up late, or even for a kid’s lunchbox treat! Just pop them in the microwave for about a minute and you’re good to go!
- Strawberry + Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins: Healthy strawberry + banana chocolate chip oat muffins made with greek yogurt and no added sugar. Yep, muffins can be this good.
- Low Fat Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins: Pumpkin, chocolate chips, and oatmeal come together to make delicious and healthy muffins!
- Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins with Walnut-Oat Streusel: Deliciously oatmeal muffins loaded with heart-healthy walnuts and blueberries then topped with a delicious walnut oat streusel.
- Skinny Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: One of my favorite muffins! Made with greek yogurt; these muffins are healthy, moist and insanely delicious! Kids love ‘em!
- Healthy Whole Grain Carrot Coconut Morning Glory Muffins: Packed with carrots, coconut, walnuts and raisins. A little like carrot cake!
- 100 calorie Banana Oat Protein Muffins: My go-to snack! These muffins have no flour or added sugar. Made with applesauce, oat bran, greek yogurt, and protein powder.
- Better-for-you Banana Muffins: My Grandpa’s favorite muffin. Also, a great midnight snack with warm, creamy peanut butter!
Tell me, what’s your favorite muffin? I just may have to recreate it!
Chat soon! xo
Powered by Facebook Comments