Remember last year when I did a review of Urban Remedy’s Organic Signature Juice Cleanse and fell in love? Well I decided to do another one and share my experience with you!
First I want to dive into WHY I love juice cleanses so much since I know there’s a lot of controversy around if they’re actually good for your body. My reasons are purely personal and should not be taken as advice; consider it me sharing my experience with you.
I love doing a juice cleanse 1-2 times a year for the following reasons:
1. Sometimes I fall into really bad eating habits and feel like I need to reset. This happens to me during the holidays or when I’m extremely stressed. I get into the habit of eating out a lot or baking too much and indulging in just about any sweet I can get my hands on. It’s really hard to break so I find that doing a juice cleanse gives me the power to get rid of cravings and allow my body to detox from unnecessary sugars, excess fats, salt, and preservatives.
2. It gives me back my willpower. After a 3-day cleanse, I feel empowered to make healthy choices. I also crave different foods. Instead of cookies, I want fresh tomatoes or a vegetarian salad with ripe avocado. I crave juicy oranges and steamed broccoli. My sugar cravings are diminished and I actually WANT to make healthy diet choices. I also don’t crave bread or meat which to me is really interesting.
3. My energy levels skyrocket. I feel like I can do anything. I’m upbeat, positive, happy, and mostly I just want to dance in my living room by myself.
4. My skin glows. I think it’s from all the vitamins and nutrients in the juice, but I find that my skin glows and is incredibly soft and smooth.
5. I sleep like a baby. Usually I’m up really late every night, but on the juice cleanse I was in bed early and woke up feeling refreshed. I also slept through the night which is incredible because I usually don’t do that.
Urban Remedy kindly sent me their 3-day Purify Cleanse to try and I LOVED it even more than the signature cleanse. In fact, Urban Remedy is my favorite juice cleanse. I’ve actually tried a few others, but nothing compares to this one! I like doing 3-day cleanses because it doesn’t seem overwhelming. You prepare your body for a few days before the cleanse by eating clean and mostly vegan.
So, what is the Purify Cleanse?
The Purify Cleanse is the next step after the Signature Cleanse, but I actually thought the Purify was easier to do and even more delicious!
There are 6 juices that you drink each day. All juices are organic with ingredients sources from farms. The simple philosophy at Urban Remedy is that food is medicine; so there are a lot of wonderful exotic fruits and veggies to help purify and cleanse your body. You can read more about Urban Remedy here.
There are a lot of great resources on their site, such as How to Cleanse which includes what to eat and drink before, during, and after your cleanse.
My Overall Experience
My juices arrived mid-morning on a Saturday. I chose to have them delivered on the weekend because I know that’s when I usually fall into bad habits and indulge. I thought a weekend of willpower would do the body good. Plus at the time I had a trip to Australia coming up so I knew that I wanted to do a nice juice before my vacation.
My favorite juices were the 2nd, 4th and 6th. They’re bright and flavorful and each day I could hardly wait to drink them. The 2nd juice tastes very lemony but it’s a great way to start your morning with a zing. The 4th juice is hands down the best ever. It’s called Young Love and is a combination of berries, acai, pineapple, kale and chia seeds. I’m a huge fan of chia seeds and how full they make you. I actually crave this juice all the time! Last but not least was the Nourish juice which is basically a vanilla-ginger cashew milk. This juice made me completely full so I recommend sipping on it for a half hour.
Overall I was very happy with Urban Remedy’s Purify Cleanse and would absolutely do it again. Like I said, it’s my favorite!
And if you decide that you want to purchase a cleanse, Urban Remedy is offering a special code for my readers. Just enter AKReader when you checkout and you’ll get a free set of spikes (also known as boosts)!
Disclosure: Urban Remedy sent me a 3-day Purify juice cleanse review after I requested it; however as always, all opinions are my own! Thanks for continuing to support Ambitious Kitchen.
Powered by Facebook Comments