This weekend is all about self love. Why?
Sometimes I have a shit week where I want to pull my hair out, throw my computer across the room and scream WTF. It all started a few months ago when I began to ask myself what I was doing with my life. I was feeling too comfortable. In Minnesota, at my job, and with what I’ve been doing over the past year. It’s felt like I haven’t challenged myself, particularly with Ambitious Kitchen and sucessfully growing it into an online platform for all things healthy. Yes, it’s a great recipe site, but I’d love to expand it.
Most of the time it’s excuses. Working my full time job, the fear of the unknown, and feeling comfortable financially. Above all, I know that no matter what path I choose next, it will all be okay. It always is.
You see I’ve realized that happiness is never always what we dream it to be. And I’m not so sure I believe in this ultimate happiness that everyone is always seeking. Losing 10 pounds might help your confidence, but it’s not the answer to everything. Moving to a different city doesn’t make everything perfect. Happiness is about being whole and human. Feeling good, bad, sad, mad, frustrated and making mistakes. Emotions are healthy; they’re mini experiences we learn. Throughout the past year I’ve learned so much about myself through my emotions.
That being said, I feel like I’m ready to take a deep breath and face the unknown. What does that mean? You’ll see soon enough. In the meantime, let’s relax this weekend. Read the quote above and soak in all of the self love you have; you absolutely deserve it.
Here are some of my favorite things over the past week:
- LEARN: 26 FOODS YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO COOK.
- THE PERFECT SNACK: HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS
- OMG BREAKFAST TIME: BANGIN’ POTATOES.
- MUST MAKE: AMAZING SLOPPY JOE STUFFED PEPPERS. LIKE OMG.
- TREAT YOURSELF: TO A FITNESS AND WELLNESS RETREAT.
- HAIR: NEW WAYS TO USE BOBBY PINS.
- WEEKEND BRUNCH: KATE’S PANCAKES LOOK TOPS.
- SHOE OBSESSION: JUST BOUGHT THESE BAD BOYS.
- BEAT ANXIETY: WITH 19 NATURAL WAYS.
- SWEET TREAT: CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI OATMEAL COOKIES. MMM HMMM.
Have a great weekend! xo