When I got my first apartment by myself last year, I was in dire need of kitchen tools; even ones that I’d never thought I would ever use! Alas, I’m getting older and find myself using them nearly everyday. Sigh. Watch out, I now have a crock-pot.
Anyway I put together this list knowing how much I use these kitchen tools and figuring that A) some of you might need them too and B) they make excellent holiday gifts. Best of all, most are fairly inexpensive and will last foreverrrrr.
So here we go!
1. Wusthof Classic 7-Piece Cutlery Set with Storage Block: Oh how I love kitchen knives. Right now I have KitchenAid knives, which have really disappointed me. I’m looking to upgrade this year so I asked a couple food bloggers what their favorite knife brand was — Wusthof was the winner, hands down.
2. Stainless Steel Garlic Press: I use my garlic press nearly every day. It’s so much better than peeling the garlic cloves yourself and having to mince them. I highly recommend picking one up. Also — could be a cute stocking stuffer!
3. OXO 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set: Every time I bake, I use at least two mixing bowls. I love how these ones are white and stack up for optimal storage. Plus they’re great for popcorn! And the best part? They’re dishwasher safe!
4. 3 Silicone Whisk Set: Okay, how cute are these silicone whisks? Answer: ADORABLE. I love silicone whisks because they’re much easier to clean than metal ones, and they won’t scratch your pans.
5. KitchenAid Turquoise Blue Stainless Steel Can Opener: This can opener is one of my favorites since it adds a fun pop of color and because I’ve never had a problem with it!
6. OXO 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set: I can never have enough spatulas! They’re the best for scraping batter and you’ll love the different sizes. I always end up using the small one to scoop out honey or peanut butter from my smaller measuring cups. Other great perks: they’re dishwasher safe and heat resistant up to 600 degrees F.
7. OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set: Everyone needs a good wooden spoon set. These are great for mixing flour or other dry ingredients together.
8. 6-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cup Set: I can’t stress how important it is to have a 6-piece measuring cup set. Often times a recipe calls for 2/3 cups and it’s awful when you only have a 3/4 cup. The stainless steel is nice to have since they won’t fall apart and ensures they’ll last a long time.
9. Eco-Friendly Premium 3 Piece Bamboo Cutting Boards: Seriously, I’m so in love with bamboo cutting boards. Probably because they’re really beautiful, but I definitely don’t mind that these are eco-friendly and stay nice and smooth.
10. Lime Juicer: Yes, a lime juicer! While a lemon juicer is nice to have, I actually use limes much more since I’m always cooking mexican-inspired cuisine and making too much guacamole. So if you’re anything like me (or know someone who is), a lime juicer is a must!
11. Solid Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop: Simple, standard and durable. If you’re an ice cream lover or know someone who is, it’s always nice to have a nice ice cream scoop. They tend to last a lifetime.
12. Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop: So this one is basically a necessity in any kitchen, especially if you enjoy baking cookies (uhhh… who doesn’t?). Having this tool in the kitchen allows for kids to help scoop cookie dough without getting their hands messy (or yours). And if you’ve ever wondered how my cookies stay so perfectly round, well it’s all thanks to this tool.
13. Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler: If you eat a lot of veggies, this is a terrific tool to have; it makes peeling them a breeze. Oh and this one has a lifetime guarantee!
14. Premium Zester/Grater: Do you ever have recipes that call for fresh grated ginger or the zest of a citrus fruit? This tool was one of my favorite purchases; it makes zesting completely easy and you won’t end up hitting the bitter white rind.
15. 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set: A must-have measuring spoon set with all the sizes you need. For reals.
I hope you guys enjoy my kitchen essentials round up, I’m planning on doing some more gift guides soon. What are some of your must have basic kitchen essentials?
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which help support Ambitious Kitchen. However, I would never recommend that I didn’t truly love!