If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen my yoga tweets lately (#akyogachallenge). I’m falling in love with my practice and it feels absolutely incredible.
Now what’s funny is that I’m the type of person who NEEDS intensity from a workout. Usually kickboxing and running tend to be my favorites because I love the ‘high’, uplifting feeling that comes from those cardio endorphins. What’s unusual is that I’ve found that I get the same feeling from my yoga practice, except I don’t have to run 8 miles to feel like I accomplished something. As soon as I step onto my mat, I let my stress go and focus my energy on breathing and thinking positively.
Most of all, yoga is slowly teaching me to appreciate the beauty within myself. It seems that we’re all searching for something, whether it be a change in our lives, bodies, or our hearts; however, before any change can happen we have to learn to accept ourselves from within. For me this yoga challenge is about so much more than just being fit.
I’ve been trying to treat my body well with nutrient packed beautiful foods, too. This means taking into account what is fresh and seasonal. Of course making a conscious decision to eat better is always a challenge but it’s important to find foods that make your brain and body happy.
Smoothies are my go-to beauty food. I love that you can pack an insane amount of fruits and veggies into one glass. Plus, they’re quite delicious during hot summer days. This smoothie is revitalizing, quick, and might even contain every vitamin under the sun. It’s not overly sweet… and don’t worry, you can’t even taste the spinach!
BEAUTY SMOOTHIE MAGIC aka WHAT’S IN THIS SMOOTHIE:
- Mango: They are packed with vitamin C & fiber. Plus they’re so delicious, you’ll probably forget how healthy they are.
- Avocado: Healthy fats go a long way and help keep you full. Plus they add a lovely creamy texture to the smoothie.
- Spinach: Pack in the iron and fiber.
- Kiwi: One of the best fruits ever. More vitamin C and fiber to keep you full.
- Chia Seeds: If you haven’t tried this relatively need super food, you must! They have omega-3s, fiber, and are full of antioxidants. You can find them at Trader Joe’s or Whole foods.
If you try this smoothie and like it, then be sure to try my Green Monster Detox too!
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 kiwi, sliced and skin removed
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice, if necessary
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk or water if necessary, depending on how thick you like it.
- Serve in a tall chilled glass and slurp up the goodness!