Delicious little brownie bites that taste like your favorite cup of hot cocoa. These bites are a perfect treat and only take 15 minutes to make! Made with Simple Mills tasty grain free chocolate baking mix!
I have a confession to make. I snuck brownies into cookie week. I know I’ve got a few mad brownie lovers out there who crave a tasty chocolate treat like no other. These are for you chocoholics. (Brownieholics?)
Before we address these brownie bites, we need to have a MAJOR discussion about Simple Mills because lately I’ve become absolutely obsessed with their baking mixes and frostings. Like can’t-stop-licking-the-bowl-
And their chocolate frosting? Don’t even get me started because it could be the best frosting I’ve ever had. I’ve found myself digging it into the jar wayyyy too often. Last week I frosted my avocado black bean brownies with it and Tony ate almost the entire batch. YUMMMM.
The truth is that they are one of my favorite baking mixes for both taste but because they also contains simple, wholesome ingredients that you can see and pronounce. Simple Mills mixes are gluten free, soy free, gum free, non GMO and paleo friendly which means you can bake them for your friends and family who may have allergies or sensitivities.
DIY BAKING MIX!
This year I wanted to create something DIY for the holidays and decided on these adorable hot cocoa brownie bites that you can easily put in jar and send off to your loved ones.
Just pour Simple Mills chocolate muffin and cake mix, coconut sugar and marshmallows into a jar; tie on a note or card with instructions on how to make and you’re done! These treats are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges because they take 15 minutes from start to finish and make 24 little bites of love.
Easy? Check. Delicious? Check. Super adorable? Double check. Hope you get a chance to make these and try out Simple Mills!
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- 1 box Simple Mills Chocolate Cake mix
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter (coconut oil will also work)
- 72 mini marshmallows
- Optional: 1/2 cup Simple Mills Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini muffin pan with muffin liners and spray the inside of them with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in cake mix and coconut sugar and mix 30 times or until smooth. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 of the way full and bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and press 3 mini marshmallows in the middle of each brownie bite. Place back in oven and broil for 1-3 minutes, watching very carefully, until marshmallows begin to toast and turn golden brown. Once golden brown and toasted, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before transferring brownie bites to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best if enjoyed slightly warm, but bites will stay good for a few days at room temperature.
- If you'd like you can drizzle a little frosting on each brownie bite. To do this, simply add 1/2 cup of Simple Mills Chocolate frosting to a microwave safe dish and microwave for 20-30 second until melted. Drizzle a little on each brownie bite. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Monique Volz | Photography by: Sarah Fennel
This recipe is in partnership with Simple Mills, a brand I love and trust. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!
Other cookie recipes from cookie week: