Fluffy almond flour pancakes with only 5 ingredients: almond flour, baking soda, coconut milk, eggs and vanilla extract. A great keto and low carb pancake recipe. Options to add blueberries or chocolate chips!
I’m just getting back home to Chicago from a back to back trip from coast to coast. Last week I was in New York shooting videos with My Fitness Pal, then I flew on a red eye to LA to relax, get a little sunshine in before summer dwindles and hang with Callie, one of my best friends.
What I love being in LA isn’t just the weather and friendship, it’s also the incredible healthy, creative food options! Turmeric juices, collard wraps, vegan mexican restaurants… it’s a healthy food bloggers dream and definitely inspires me when it comes to recipe creation for the blog.
Of course, if you haven’t checked out my healthy guide to LA yet, it’s an absolute must! I’ll be adding to it overtime I visit, so be sure to keep it bookmarked for your next trip.
These almond flour pancakes remind me of something I’d order to eat for brunch in LA. They’re simple because they only require 5 ingredients, yet still so damn good. Fluffy, packed with protein and fiber and can be made in 1 bowl.
Another great perk about these pancakes? They’re versatile! Feel free to add fresh or frozen blueberries, chocolate chips, a handful of pecans, a dash or two of cinnamon or perhaps a mashed banana. I’m pretty confident that they’ll work with a variety of add-ins so let me know what you try!
My favorite way to make them? With blueberries. Then drizzled with a big old spoonful of peanut butter and a little pure maple syrup. YUM.
I hope you get a chance to try out these beautiful and easy to make almond flour pancakes. If you do make them, be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe below.
As always, I’d love to see a photo of your creation. Simply upload them to Instagram and use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen or share them in the AK Facebook group. I can’t wait to see! xo.
Time to get your pancake cooking on!
- Serves: 6 pancakes
- Serving size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 27.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk (from the can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 ¼ cup fine almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, olive oil or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Optional add-ins:
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- In large bowl, mix together the eggs, light coconut milk, and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Add in almond flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt; stir with spoon until well combined.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with butter, olive oil or coconut oil and place over medium low heat. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet. It's important to cook until bubbles appear on top and the edges are well cooked. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. If you find that the pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower your skillet heat a bit. I normally start on medium low, then decrease to low later so that my pancakes don't burn. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more butter/oil and remaining batter. Makes 3 servings, 2 pancakes each (6 pancakes total).
Pin these pancakes: