Delicious baked sweet and spicy firecracker salmon topped with an unbelievable delicious peach avocado salsa. A healthy weeknight meal that everyone will love!
Who else is ready to slide into cozy slippers, put on fleece pajamas (or an adorable oversized sweater), make a cup of hot chocolate, watch reruns of Felicity and get ready for some beautiful crisp fall weather?
However, we’ve still got a few weeks of delicious end-of-summer produce to enjoy including juicy peaches, fresh garden herbs and heart-healthy creamy avocados. Thankfully, I’ve got a delicious healthy recipe for you to enjoy before summer ends.
Say hello to this beautiful salmon recipe with a scrumptious, fresh peach avocado salsa. I have literally never been more obsessed with a fruit salsa in my life.
Can we talk about the delicious firecracker marinade for a sec?! It makes the salmon taste both sweet + a little spicy and pairs well with the sweetness of the peaches and the creaminess of the avocado. Healthy eating has never been this beautiful.
By the way, if you still have extra peaches leftover, I highly suggest my gluten free peach crisp for dessert!
Now I know that a lot of us get intimidated when cooking salmon, but it’s easier than you think. First, I recommend baking salmon — it’s an easy way to ensure that it stays moist and together. There are plenty of other methods but this is by far my favorite.
How to bake salmon:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3: Place marinated or seasoned salmon skin side down on baking sheet.
Step 4: For every inch of thickness, bake for 15 minutes. Generally my salmon is usually perfect around 18 minutes.
Step 5: Flake salmon with a fork and serve!
What to serve salmon with:
I suggest brown rice, black forbidden rice (my fav), quinoa, veggies, or a side salad. It’s totally up to you though.
I hope you love this delicious salmon recipe. If you make it, leave a comment below and don’t forget to rate the recipe so others can see how you liked it!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 27.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 31.9g
- For the salmon
- 1 ½ pounds salmon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- For the peach salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Make your salmon marinade: In a small bowl whisk together avocado oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, crushed red pepper, and ginger.
- Add your salmon to a large bowl skin side up (so that the salmon sits in the sauce) and pour marinade over the top. Cover and place salmon in the fridge for no more than 1 hour
- While your salmon is marinating, make your peach salsa. Add avocado, peach, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to a medium sized bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Once ready to bake salmon, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place salmon on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place marinated salmon skin side down. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon easily flakes with fork. Top salmon with peach avocado salsa and serve with brown rice, black rice quinoa, or extra veggies for a full meal. Serves 4.
Pin this salmon recipe: