20 incredible gifts that give back to local and global organizations making a difference in the world! Share these unique gifts with anyone on your list and support those in need this holiday season.
So excited to share this new gift guide with you guys. In honor of gifting, giving, and Small Business Saturday, I put together 20 gifts that give back to amazing local and global causes! I included some fun gift boxes that are great for anyone from family to co-workers, plus his & hers gifts like beanies and sunglasses that anyone on your list will love.
When you buy these gifts you’ll be supporting people in need around the world with clean water, job training, residential programs, sanitation, and so much more. Read the little blurbs about each company below, and be sure to visit their websites to see all of the incredible work they’re doing.
Happy gifting, and happy giving! xoxo
1. Cuffed by Nano Open Moon Cuff: these super cute cuffs donate to help feed and educate students, provide salary for teachers, and provide supplies + infrastructure support for their partner school in Haiti. They make gorgeous rings, necklaces, and even cuffs for guys! $28
2. Cotopaxi Travel Pack: this awesome outdoors company is a certified B-Corp and invests in nonprofit organizations like International Rescue Committee, Educate Girls, and Proximity Designs who are making an impact in developing countries. Great for the adventurers on your list. $140
3. Thistle Farms Bath + Body Gift Set: this company offers hope and healing to women survivors of trafficking, addiction, and prostitution through residential programs, employment opportunities, and a network that they can always go back to for support, counseling, and education. Gift an amazing bath & body gift set and give back to these amazing women. $55
4. Grounds and Hounds Three Blend Coffee Starter Kit: fair trade organic coffee that gives to the pups! Grounds and Hounds donates 20% of proceeds to rescue organizations giving pups a second chance. $43
5. Warby Parker Glasses (for him and for her!): did you know that when you buy a pair of Warby Parker glasses they donate to one of their nonprofit partners that covers the cost of glasses for someone in need? Cute glasses + sunglasses for a great cause! The nonprofits also train men and women to give basic eye exams and how to sell glasses at affordable prices, which creates sustainable jobs & affordable vision care. Grab a pair for him, her, and yourself! $95
6. Mini + Meep “I’m All They Avo Wanted” Baby Onesie: these adorable onesies are not only made from 100% organic cotton and printed with local, eco-friendly inks in North Carolina, but the brand also donates 10% of products to MANNA Food Bank in their area. Perfect for new mamas and your baby nieces + nephews! $27
7. The Tote Project – Cat Lover Tote: these handwoven totes and pouches are ethically made with fairtrade cotton in West Bengal and Kolkata, India, and empower socially disadvantaged women in these areas through job training programs. Many of these women face the threat of entering the sex trafficking world, and this company not only provides stable work but also donates proceeds to Two Wings – an organization dedicated to ending sex trafficking in these areas of the world. I’m ALL over this cat lover tote! $29
8. One Hope Cookies + Cabernet Gift Box: each gift box and blend of One Hope wines donates to a specific cause (this gift box donates to children with autism so that they can get ABA treatment!) Spread holiday cheer and give to the causes that mean the most to you. $49 – $69 depending on wine selected.
9. Hand-In-Hand Lavender Skin Essentials Kit: did you know that 45% of deaths from water related illnesses could be prevented with adequate hand washing? This amazing, sustainable company donates a bars of soap to children in Haiti for each bar purchased! $40
10. Able Hats: we partnered up with Able earlier this year to create ‘The Uptown’ hats for a cause (check out the partnership here!) Proceeds from Able Apparel gear goes towards organizations helping to end violence in Chicago. Our AK designed hats donate to New Mom’s, and organization disrupting the cycle of poverty for mom’s in our city. Grab the blue one here, and yellow here! $25
11. Make Beauty Lip & Cheek Stick: this NYC based, all-natural beauty company donates to the We See Beauty Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting women-led, worker-owned businesses in at need communities in the US. The perfect gift for all of the girl bosses in your life. $24
12. Bare Soaps Gift Box: gorgeous, all-natural soaps & candles that help to create a sustainable sanitation program for the children in Kaberamaido, Uganda. Love these little gift boxes! $39
13. Lula’s Garden: okay how cute are these mini succulent gardens? Brighten anyone’s home with one of these gardens and you’ll support Water.org to provide safe water to communities in developing countries around the world. $35
14. Ground Up PDX Nut Butters (Holiday Tasting Flight): with flavors like cinnamon snickerdoodle and coconut cardamom, you’ll love adding these homemade nut butters to everything. The company hires women in need in the Portland area to get back on their feet with part-time job training where they can gain valuable sales & marketing experience in order to transition to more permanent positions. The power of economic stability for women! $28
15. STATE Backpack: for every STATE bag purchased, STATE hand-delivers a backpack packed with essential tools to a local child in need. These packs are so cute for travel or out and about. $90
16. LXMI Balm-to-Oil Overnight Cream: this nourishing face cream is amazing, creamy, and makes your skin feel so SOFT. The ingredients are harvested near the Nile River and give women in rural Uganda a chance to earn a living wage. $58
17. Krochet Kids Scarf: these cozy, handmade crochet products provide employment opportunities to women in Uganda and Peru. Each product has a label so you can see the maker who made it! From beanies and scarves, and all of your winter essentials in-between. $48
18. Mitscoots Outfitters Women’s and Men’s Beanies: cute beanies for him & her that are buy one, give one! The company also employs people transitioning out of homelessness where they gain important job training and experience to enter the workforce. $25
19. Round + Square Girl Power Tee: not only do they use 100% sustainable cotton, but the brand gives 10% of proceeds to Equality Now – an organization dedicated to advancing women’s rights by holding governments accountable throughout the world to end violent practices and unequal laws. The perfect gifts for your sister, mama, or badass best friend. $50
20. Beelove Bath + Moisturizing Collection: this amazing company sells Chicago-based honey products and hires men & women getting out of jail to give them support + marketable skills to rejoin the work force. An incredible, local organization with some great gift ideas for people on your list! $28