As you may or may not know, I had the BEST weekend ever with all of my bridesmaids for my bachelorette party in Scottsdale, AZ. It was such a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend full of amazing conversations, girl time, hiking, tacos, margaritas, guac + all the chips. I swear to you, my belly needs a break from tequila for a while.
Just keepin’ it real.
Anytime I get back from vacation, I find myself craving veggies in any form: I want spinach stuffed in my smoothies, hearty salads for lunch and a BIG bowl of broccoli with dinner. Basically I am the Hulk.
Earlier this year I made the most AMAZING quiche with a sweet potato crust. Plenty of you fell in love with the recipe for good reason. So I thought I’d make a new version that’s packed with protein, veggies and a little kick of spice to keep the metabolism buzzing all day.
Ingredients in this low carb turkey bacon spinach quiche
MEET THE JALAPENO, PEPPER JACK & TURKEY BACON QUICHE in all of its glory. So beautiful, so delicious and savory. Oh and guess what? There’s also a POTATO crust involved which makes me giddy inside. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yukon gold potatoes (or sweet potatoes)
- Turkey bacon
- Any veggies you like! I used red bell pepper, roma tomatoes, spinach and jalapeño (for a kick of heat).
- Almond milk (or any milk you like)
- Salt & pepper
- Any cheese you like — I love pepper jack in this recipe.
The best part about this healthy turkey bacon quiche recipe is that it’s totally customizable. Add your favorite veggies, cheese or keep it dairy free! I think broccoli and mushrooms would be delicious in here, too.
How long will this turkey bacon quiche keep in the fridge?
These easy turkey bacon quiche recipe will keep in the fridge for up to one week, so you can enjoy a healthy, easy breakfast or lunch all week long. I’m not going to lie… usually I’m not a huge fan of savory breakfast recipes (bc I eat them for lunch instead) but this quiche has been a game changer for me. I love eating it with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce or ketchup. Simply place the completely-cooled quiche into an airtight container (or completely cover the pan) and store it in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat it, just reheat individual slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can also reheat slices in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes.
Freezer-friendly turkey bacon quiche!
- To freeze quiche: let the turkey bacon quiche completely cool, then transfer individual slices to freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 3 months. You can also freeze the entire quiche at once if you have a large enough freezer-safe bag or container.
- To reheat frozen quiche: you can either let the quiche slices thaw in the refrigerator before reheating them in the microwave, or you can simply place them straight into the microwave and heat them for about 1 minute. To reheat an entire frozen quiche you can put it back in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35.
Customize this easy turkey bacon quiche recipe
You can easily make different flavors of this low carb turkey bacon quiche Here are a few suggestions:
- Turkey bacon quiche lorraine: traditional quiche lorraine typically has cooked bacon, caramelized onions and swiss cheese
- Spring veggie: 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces, 2 cups arugula, 1 bunch green onions, 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Southwestern: 1 diced green bell pepper, 1 diced red bell pepper, 1 diced jalapeño, 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese (top with avocado, cilantro & hot sauce!)
- Broccoli cheddar: add 1 cup finely chopped broccoli + 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Spinach + feta: 2 cups spinach, 1 roma tomato + 1/2 cup feta crumbles
What to serve with this turkey bacon quiche
I love topping this quiche with hot sauce and avocado, and serving slices with:
- Fresh fruit like this delicious fruit salad recipe
- Incredible, Perfectly Crispy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Good Morning Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- A delicious slice of my Paleo Lemon Blueberry Bread
See how to make the turkey bacon quiche:
If you make this turkey bacon quiche, be sure to rate the recipe below and leave a comment. You can also upload a photo to Instagram and tag #ambitiouskitchen so I can see your creations. xoxo!
Jalapeño, Pepper Jack & Turkey Bacon Quiche with Potato Crust
This veggie packed turkey bacon quiche is a protein packed breakfast that's GREAT for meal prep! It has an easy potato "crust" to keep it gluten free and a rainbow of veggies like spinach, bell pepper, tomato, jalapeño. Make it and then enjoy slices all week long with hot sauce & avocado on the side or freeze it for later!
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 3 yukon gold potatoes (the small ones), cut into 1/8th inch slices
- 8 oz organic turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 (5 oz) bag/container organic spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add potato slices all around the base and sides. Cut some in half if you need them to fit on the sides. Spray the potatoes with additional nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Keep heat in oven.
- While potato crust is baking, cook the turkey bacon. After turkey bacon cooks, remove and transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet you cooked your turkey bacon; saute jalapeno, diced tomato, and diced bell pepper for a few minutes. Then add spinach and saute for another few minutes, or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper.
- Add veggie and spinach mixture over the crust, then tear bacon and place on top of veggies. Next pour your egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle cheese on top along with an additional sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until egg sets and puffs up and becomes nice and golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 4 slices. Enjoy!
Feel free to use sweet potato instead of regular potato if you'd like.
To make vegetarian: Simply leave out the turkey bacon.
To make dairy free: Skip the cheese.