It’s my special day today. Twenty-three years ago my parents didn’t know what to name me.
They finally settled on Monique Noella.
It’s feminine version of my Grandfather’s name. He’s a pretty cool guy!
Noella, is a combination of Noel in the spirit of Christmas, and Ella, my great grandmother’s name.
Just some birthday facts.
This past year has been completely amazing! To make the next year just as great, I’ve thought up 23 new things to do.
23 things to add a little more spice in my life.
Take a look at my list.
1. Remind myself that it’s okay to be a kid sometimes and bake more things with excessive frosting and sprinkles. Watch out, donuts are next.
2. Take a vacation with my best girl friends. Asians, Gingers, and Blondes have way too much fun. Obviously.
3. Buy a stranger coffee everyday for a week. It might just make someone’s day. Plus, it’s good karma.
4. Become a Yoga instructor. Namaste.
5. Go to a baseball game. Drink beer and eat a ballpark hot dog. I don’t drink beer or eat beef, so this will be new!
6. Bungee jump! This scares me like no other. Thinking about it is making me sweat.
7. Go camping! Like real camping. But only if I get to make these babies.
8. Start a food business. I’m not sure how I’ll find time for this… but it’s my dream.
9. Be active everyday somehow. I say power shopping counts!
10. Take the train to New York or Boston all by myself. Visit amazing friends from Australia. I miss you all.
11. Meet someone who has been on Top Chef. I’m leaning towards Spike or those cute twin brothers.
12. Bake a unique banana bread every month for someone new. Totes best idea ever.
13. Go see Beauty and the Beast 3D. This is serious!
14. Try every new cereal that comes out. Multigrain Peanut Butter Cheerios… I love you.
15. Stay up all night and watch the sun come up at least 10 times. Preferably on an exotic beach or mountain.
16. Go out and pretend I’m turning twenty-one again. Great idea. Period.
17. Try karaoke again. Even though I know I’ll more than likely be awful at it.
18. Have conversations with random people everywhere I go. Listen to their experiences. Learn from their stories.
19. Go surfing more often. Take lessons if needed.
20. Read at least 17 books. Find something unique, don’t read everything on the bestseller list.
21. Go to the ballet. Watching Black Swan doesn’t count.
22. Order dessert more! Life is short and should be sweet. I know you agree.
23. Look around, smile, and genuinely appreciate everything in my life. Every single day.
This birthday girl is happy. It’s been a phenomenal year full of opportunities. The older I get, the wiser I become.
I’m excited to be 23 and to see what the next year brings.
May you live all the days of your life.
As always, thanks for reading.