Finding what you believe in is important. Diving into things that make you joyful is essential. Beauty is what you make it.
There’s no doubt that the things I find beautiful are different from you. What makes me laugh you may find absurd. The fact that I could spend an entire day in a grocery store baffles some. In fact, I could live off banana bread for a week straight. I call that a gift people!
How we spend our days and lives is what make us each unique. Paula Deen’s made herself so unique that her veins now operate on butter. She sure is special.
But really, the older I get, the more I realize that you choose your own path. Your choices make your journey.
Stay with me here.
Today, I just kept thinking of little things we forget. The important stuff. Baking brownies on a Sunday totally does that to you!
There are certain things that I need to make note of. Things I find essential. Things I find beautiful. I’m sharing those today.
- Be yourself: I have to be me. Every single day. I’m embracing the world. I’m laughing when I’m not supposed to. I’m baking peanut butter brownies. I’m watching the sunrise. I’m saying thank you. I’m learning and growing every. I’m figuring it all out by doing what I enjoy.
- Be passionate: Put your heart into everything you do. Let go of your fear, and do the things you dream about doing. No excuses!
- Belong: Fill every room with a smile. Say hello to someone you’ve never met before. If you bring brownies, you’ll make friends. People will smile. It’s magical.
- Celebrate: Little things matter. Remember to tell the people you love that they matter too. Celebrate others over yourself. Always.
I totally was going to finish my list but I got side tracked by eating brownie batter. Too damn good.
The point is, you have to live your passion.
And today, I made peanut butter M&M brownies.
A week from now, I’ll be meeting new people, dreaming even bigger, and putting plans into place.
Life’s exciting and this kitchen is ambitious!
I want to know… What’s your dream? What’s important to you? Leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.
I suggest using the brownie baking time to think a bit.
Afterward dive into the pan, like you’re ready to take your dreams on!
Peanut Butter M&M Brownies with Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 large bag peanut butter M&Ms
Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter or generously spray with cooking spray.
Place butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and make sure all chocolate is melted. If not all the way melted, place back in microwave in 15 second increments, until chocolate is all melted when stirred.
Cool slightly and stir in sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix in eggs one at a time. Next, add flour and cocoa powder until the mixture is smooth. Place the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean. Set pan on rack to cool for 30 minutes.
To make frosting: Place peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until all ingredients melt and combine together. Mix in powdered sugar. Gently spread evenly all over the top of your brownies. You may have extra frosting leftover. Place Peanut Butter M&Ms in horizontal lines on brownies. Cut into squares. Makes 16 brownies.