There are a very few simple recipes that I always come back to when I’m looking for a side dish to pair with dinner: steamed olive oil and sea salt broccoli with a little melted cheddar cheese, cabbage carrot and goat cheese spinach salads with olive oil, lemon juice and S&P, roasted sesame asparagus and of course, this PEACH SPINACH SALAD.
Today I decided that it was time to share one of my go-to summer salads. Typically I get a big box of organic spinach every week to encourage more green veggies in my diet then I tell myself that I have to use all of the spinach up before the end of the week or it may go bad. Usually, I pack it in all of my smoothies (at least 1 cup per smoothie), throw it in pasta or quiches and of course, make big salads to go with my dinners.
What I love about this salad is that it’s completely versatile, so depending on what’s on sale and available in the grocery store, you can often swap out peaches for strawberries or blueberries.
I know many people aren’t into fruit on salads, but I’m begging you to give this recipe a chance! Tony even had it for lunch the other day, which is a huge surprise because he religiously eats turkey sandwiches on Dave’s Killer Bread. By the way, have you had their bagels yet? YUM.
I can’t blame him for choosing salad though, it’s just so refreshing and truly delicious. It’s packed with peaches, avocado, toasted almonds, goat cheese, red onion and a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette.Personally I think it would be perfect with a side of maple glazed salmon or one of my various chicken marinades.
Anyway you do it, it’s gonna be good.
See how to make this peach salad:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Let me know if you make it by leaving the comment and rating the recipe below – xo!
More healthy salad recipes to try:
Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado, Toasted Almonds + Goat Cheese
- 4-6 cups organic spinach
- 2 large peaches, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds*
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sugar, to sweeten dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette: balsamic, olive oil, minced garlic, dijon and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach. Drizzle with desired about of balsamic vinaigrette and toss together to combine. Top salad with peach slices, diced avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles and toasted almonds. Toss very gently again. Serve immediately. Salad serves 4.
To toast your own almonds: Place sliced almonds in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to consistently stir the almonds until they get nice and golden. This should take 3-6 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and transfer to a plate to cool.