It’s still February and I’m starting to dream about Spring. Anyone else? After our 15 inch snowfall last week, Chicago has suddenly become almost spring-like: it’s 45 degrees, the snow has melted, it’s supposed to rain this week and finally, it isn’t dark in the early mornings. There are only a few months until I can start my long morning walks back up, or bike along the lakeshore… exciting!
In the meantime, I’ve got a warm bowl of vegetarian cauliflower chickpea curry with a little spice, a lot of veggies and beautiful peanut and coconut flavors. ALSO KNOWN AS COZY LOVE IN A SKILLET. Gettin’ jiggy with it.
I whipped up this curry a few weeks ago because quite frankly, you guys love all my curry meals and cauliflower is trendy as hell. Throw in some chickpeas for a little protein and BOOM: you’ve got a 20 minute dinner that’s healthy and hella flavorful.
And for those of you who are trying to get more veggies in your life, don’t worry I’ve got you covered: there’s cauliflower (like I mentioned), carrots, red bell pepper, peas, and a little anti-inflammatory boost thanks to McCormick Ground Turmeric.
You’re going to want to trust me and get on this turmeric train. It’s the cool kids train. Everyone take a seat because we’re serving BOWLS O’ CURRY.
Wow, obviously too much coffee this morning. Moving on…
Ever since McCormick asked me to make a couple of nourishing meals to get you guys through the winter, I’ve been completely obsessed with adding their ground turmeric to everything. If you haven’t tried this turmeric latte + these turmeric meatballs, add those to your menu after making this insanely nourishing curry.
This dish both coconut flavor with a hint of peanut butter (my fav) and can be made as spicy or as mild as you like. If you’re like me and love the heat, try doubling that ground cayenne pepper. Note: I’m not responsible for how HOT you make it. I’ve warned you.
The best part about this recipe is that you add everything to your pan and let that goodness simmer away. It’s no fuss and is perfect for and easy, weekday meal.
Serve over brown rice or with fluffy quinoa. ENJOY! xo
Time to whip up a new favorite dinner. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or leave a comment and rate the recipe below!
More vegan dinner recipes you’ll love:
Thai Peanut Coconut Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- For the curry:
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (3-4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water or vegetarian broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter (or cashew butter)
- ½ tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Ground Red Cayenne Pepper, plus more if you like extra heat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- To garnish:
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onion
- Chopped peanuts or cashews
- Place a large deep 10 inch deep skillet or a large pot over medium high heat. Add in coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, then add in green onion, carrot and cauliflower florets. Saute for 3-5 minute until cauliflower begins to turn a slight golden brown and onions soften.
- Next, add in coconut milk, water, curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce/coconut aminos, red cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Then stir in bell pepper, and chickpeas; simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Before serving, stir in frozen peas and simmer an additional minute, then pour into bowls or divide into meal prep containers.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and chopped peanuts/cashews. Great with brown rice or quinoa for a full protein packed plant based meal. Enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by McCormick Spices, a spice brand I use in my kitchen. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!