With the recent tragedy in Newtown, I can only express how heartbroken I am. I will continue to pray for the families and those affected by this devastating tragedy.
With that said, I’ve wanted to reach out and hug the people who mean the most to me.
And sometimes I say I love you with bread. As simple as that sounds it means a lot.
To enjoy coffee and share stories over a breakfast. And truly understand what matters in our lives, and what doesn’t.
Let’s start the week in remembrance and with a promise to be better than we were yesterday.
*Disclosure: This recipe was developed for Lucky Leaf in exchange for me to attend Mixed Conference.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, plus another 3 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, poppyseeds, and salt; set aside. In separate large add butter, lemon pie filling, sugar, eggs, and milk and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add dry ingredients in and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in 1/2 cup coconut into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth top with a spoon. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of coconut on top. Bake for 65-75 mins, or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean. Best served with raspberry jam and coffee.