So this weekend I shoveled snow in my heels because I didn’t have any boots with me. It was completely ridiculous but also a little riveting as it proves I’m a total badass. Call me Beyonce.
Just kidding, please don’t do that.
Something that’s actually ridiculous though? My complete obsession with brown butter. It’s life-changing, and I have a slight feeling that I may be responsible for introducing many of you to the magic it can create in a recipe. How can something so simple be that delicious? I don’t ask questions I just try and put it in as many things as possible.
Now I enjoy making my own sweet potato fries, but if I’m in a bind I’ll purchase Alexia Sweet Potato Fries; they’re delicious and a great option if you don’t feel like peeling and cutting your sweet potatoes. Plus, you can always spice up your fries to your liking. My favorite sweet potato fries are heavily dusted with cinnamon and sugar. They remind me of the flavors of Thanksgiving, like I’m eating a slice of sweet potato pie.
But do you know what really takes it over the top? Drizzling them with a brown butter marshmallow glaze.
I think need to repeat that. A BROWN BUTTER MARSHMALLOW GLAZE. I feel giddy every time I think about it.
The glaze is made with a tiny bit of brown butter, marshmallow creme, and nonfat plain greek yogurt. Wait, did you see what I did there? Healthy ingredients mixed with brown butter. I already feel better about it. Not.
If you aren’t familiar with browning butter, I’ve created step-by step tutorial that should help.
You absolutely have to try this. It’s perfect to serve at a party or just whenever you feel like having a treat during dinner time.
The dip itself is addicting and would be quite perfect on anything from fruit to cupcakes or cookies.
*Disclaimer: I am being compensated for my partnership with Alexia Foods as an Alexia Tastemaker. All my opinions and recipes using their products are my own.
- 1 package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries (or your own sweet potato fries)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thaw out sweet potato fries for 10 minutes and place into a large bowl. Add cinnamon and sugar to bowl and use your hand to toss sweet potato fries. Bake according to directions on the package.
- While fries are baking, prepare the glaze: In a medium bowl whisk together marshmallow creme, greek yogurt, and salt together; set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Set aside to cool for a few minutes then whisk into the marshmallow creme until well combined.
- Once the fries are done baking, drizzle the brown butter marshmallow glaze over the fries. Alternatively you can also use the glaze as a dip since there will be a significant amount of it.
Powered by Facebook Comments