Have you ever spent so much time or energy on something, only to realize it wasn’t even worth it?
It’s kind of like when you bake a cake and absolutely hate the end result. Or when you date someone for too long only to end up being disappointed or hurt. Sometimes it can even be when you listen to entire Taylor Swift songs.
Anyway, the point is, even though you’ve had to live through things that seemed pointless and time-consuming, you learned from them. You realize that sometimes you can’t trust those Martha Stewart recipes, and that the person you dated actually taught you a lot about what you want in a future relationship. Oh and that Taylor Swift song? Absolutely change the station and never purchase another one of her songs off iTunes again. Harsh Monday realities coming at you.
Oh but these blondies? Amazing bites of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bliss. No regrets. They’re just SO worth it!
Sorry, I got distracted. Back to the blondies.
These are made with chickpeas, peanut butter (or your favorite all-natural nut butter), pure maple syrup, and chocolate chips. These are so easy to whip up and can be in your belly in less than a half hour! Plus, they’re fudgy, packed with chocolate chips, and so wonderfully chewy. The sea salt really takes it over the top though; they reminded me of my favorite peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Wait, here’s the best part: these blondies are healthy and packed with both fiber and protein. There aren’t any weird ingredients either.
Even if you aren’t vegan or gluten-free, I think you’ll really enjoy them!
- Serves: 16
- Serving size: 1 bar (1/16th of recipe)
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cooking Spray
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you're not vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it's up to you. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it's own!
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don't want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.
You can use your favorite nut butter, just make sure it’s all natural.
Feel free to add in other things according to your dietary needs like nuts, dried fruit, or other types of chocolate.
Powered by Facebook Comments