Happy Friday! I want to introduce you to someone very special. Meet Jessie of Wool and Whiskey.
I went to college with Jessie; she always had the brightest smile and her love of travel was well-known. In fact, we both studied abroad in Australia! Today, Jessie spends her time making the most beautiful, cozy hand knit scarves! I LOVE her scarves because they’re high quality, incredibly warm, and gorgeous!
More about Jessie: She first started knitting while living and teaching in South Korea. After returning to Minnesota, she continued her love for knitting by making big, cozy scarves for herself to keep warm during the chilly winters. After a few days of wearing her own hand knit scarf, Jessie began receiving compliments. The rest is history; Jessie started an Etsy shop and named it Wool and Whiskey, not only because the name has a nice ring to it but also because both seem to keep one warm on those below zero days!
Here are some more photos of her scarves:
image courtesy: Wool & Whiskey
So many things have changed for me this past year: a new job, moving back to Minnesota, meeting my boyfriend while on vacation in Arizona, traveling, and devoting more time to this blog.
I’m beyond excited for 2014 though! The chance to bring you more healthy recipes, sweet delights, crazy cookies, and a little bit of my spice for life. I’ve always said that the goal of this blog is to bring you inspiration – whether it’s in the kitchen or in your life. I hope to do more of that this year by adding my favorite food finds, my workout inspiration, style, and a little bit of everyday life. Above all, I want to stay consistent with blogging; never forgetting my passion for food and healthy living. Sometimes I lose sight of that with everything else I have going on.
I love that you all share my recipes; it keeps Ambitious Kitchen alive and growing! Thank you for inspiring me to do what I love.
Here are my Top 10 recipes of 2013! I hope you’ll try some of them out! xoxo
10. Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Banana Pancakes – gluten free, high in protein
These are one of my favorites for a healthy breakfast – just blend the ingredients together, cook on the stovetop, then eat up!
9. Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies - low in calories, super fudgy and both vegan & gluten free!
8. Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchilada Skillet – a vegetarian skillet that only takes 30 minutes to make, plus you’ll love the leftovers! Oh and it’s under 300 calories per serving. YUM. YES!
7. Chewy Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oatmeal Cookies - made with coconut oil instead of butter, these oatmeal cookies stay soft and chewy for days!
6. Skinny Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – one of my favorite muffins ever. Only 153 calories! Zucchini and greek yogurt help these low-fat muffins stay ultra moist!
5. 100 calorie Banana Oat Protein Muffins - made with protein powder, oat bran, greek yogurt and a banana! The perfect snack. Spread them with chocolate hazelnut butter for a sweet treat.
4. Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars - A clean vegan and gluten free treat that everyone will enjoy! One of my absolute favorites and SO easy to make. Plus they’re only 128 calories each (with chocolate chips)!
3. Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt – another flourless, gluten free, and vegan treat that tastes like a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie! You won’t be able to tell the difference.
2. Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - made without flour or butter. Chewy and perfect in every way!
1. Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing - light, vegan, gluten free, and packed with flavor! This was your favorite recipe of 2013! Hope you find the time to try it out if you haven’t already – you’ll fall in love!
What was your favorite recipe of 2013? I’d love to hear!
Hey guys! It’s been a while since we’ve had a little chat. I can think of no better way to share my favorite things then over a good weekend breakfast (eggs, turkey bacon, and a whole grain bagel with light cream cheese).
So pour yourself a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, make your favorite breakfast, and let’s chat!
First, I’ll catch you up on what’s been going on in my life lately. Unfortunately, I’ve been really slacking in the fitness department! I’m usually really good about leaving work and heading to the gym, but I’ve been so busy and my focus has been on getting as many things done as possible. It’s been tough and I know I need to get back into my groove; working out is a great stress reliever and helps me stay focused. That being said, I also try to remember that I can’t be perfect. None of us are! It’s all a balancing act.
Truly my biggest challenge is realizing that I cannot do it all. But hey, being ambitious is kind of my nature. Yet I often forget what I’ve accomplished thus far and what I’m striving for. It’s easy to get lost in the big world, too! However I wanted to say thank you for allowing me to vent and be honest in this space. It means so much to me! I love your emails, comments and fun notes – they make my days better.
This weekend I’m going to ease back into yoga and sculpting. Perhaps I’ll try and run around the lake if it isn’t too chilly! Fingers crossed. I’m also planning on doing an iPhone photo dump soon, so watch for that.
Weekend Link Love
I know it’s been a while since I’ve done my weekend link love or favorites, but I want to try and make this a regular thing again.
Here are 10 of my favorite bites, styles, articles, and inspiration from the past week:
- THANKSGIVING EATS: this salad belongs on your Thanksgiving table.
- GLUTEN FREE TREAT: flourless brownies cookies. SAY WHAT?
- GET GLAM: one of my favorite style blogs.
- BREAKFAST LOVE: a bowl of oatmeal I would eat every day. forever.
- A GOOD READ: my best friend sent me this article and I fell in love with it.
- WORDS: remember this.
- BREAD LOVE: biscuits made with greek yogurt. Oh em gee!
- HEALTHY BITE: flourless & full of peanut butter.
- POLISHED: gorgeous holiday color.
- PIN LOVE: I’ve got a fun Thankgiving board full of recipes.