Home About Me Contact Recipe Index

RSS FeedTwitterFacebookEmail

Blog Archives

Categories

2-Ingredient Healthy Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies {with delicious add-ins!}

I’m heading to Boston next week for a 5 day vacation. I literally cannot wait! I’ll be visiting my good friends from Australia; we’ve kept in close contact over the years and try and visit every so often.

Boston has great weather this time of year, too! I’m excited to check out some restaurants and explore a bit so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions!

I also have a new obsession to share: Banana bread breakfast cookies. Normally I would say regular cookies, but since these taste like banana bread AND oatmeal, I’m really quite in love. And when chocolate chips are thrown in the mix? OMG!

Plus they only take 15 minutes to make and clock in at around 60 calories per cookie. YES!

This really isn’t even a recipe. It’s me telling you to mix two things together for sweet satisfaction that you don’t have to feel guilty about.

For reals. No weird processed ingredients from a box. Just all natural stuff.

Dairy free. Gluten Free (use GF oats). Nut free. Vegan. Vegetarian. I think they’re a good breakfast (or healthy treat!) for whoever you are. That is unless you’re allergic to bananas or oats. Sorry!

The possibilities are endless with these little bites! Try adding in some of the following to make it your own:

• vanilla extract
  • vanilla beans
  • chocolate chips
  • peanut butter chips
  • peanut butter
  • nutella
  • butterscotch
  • dried cranberries
  • raisins
  • chopped walnuts, almond or pecans
  • coconut flakes
  • cocoa nibs

Hope you enjoy a cookie or two for breakfast! xoxo

2-Ingredient Healthy Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies {with add-ins!}

Author:
Nutrition Information
  • Serving size: 1 cookie
  • Calories: 60
  • Fat: .8g
  • Carbohydrates: 12.4g
  • Sugar: 2.1g
  • Fiber: 1.7g
  • Protein: 1.4g

Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:

Banana and oats bake together to make easy breakfast cookies that tasty like banana bread!
Ingredients
  • 2 large bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups gluten free oats
  • If desired you can add in some of the following:
  • vanilla extract
  • vanilla beans
  • chocolate chips
  • peanut butter chips
  • butterscotch
  • dried cranberries
  • raisins
  • chopped walnuts, almond or pecans
  • coconut flakes
  • cocoa nibs
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Place oats in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it’s okay if it’s not perfectly ground.
  3. In large bowl combined mashed banana with oats until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of your favorite add in; I used dark chocolate chips and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
  4. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Drop dough by large tablespoons onto cookie sheet; flatten a bit with a rubber spatula. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated. Makes about 16 cookies.
Notes
Calories do not reflect add-ins.

70 Responses to 2-Ingredient Healthy Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies {with delicious add-ins!}

• Martha says:

If you are going to Boston my suggestions are a duck tour which leaves from the Museum of Science (also an awesome option) and for food going to Parish Cafe on Boylston. It was our favorite restaurant when we lived there and all the chefs of Boston make sandwiches for them. They also have a great beer selection. If you’re heading to the South End Stella was one of my favorite restaurants! Also Legal Test Kitchen or the New Mexican place in the seaport called Tezmecal I believe. It was incredible with great views! Have a great time!

• Donna says:

GORGEOUS…MADE EASY!!!…So loving this….the possibilities are ENDLESS….I’m thinking goji berries and chia seed texture/color “pop” effects!!…Huge thank you for this…low kcals and so healthy for brekkie…or anytime…

• Donna says:

Oh…forgot to ask…could one use oat bran instead of the oats reduced into flour?….Son d’avoine in French..it is less glycemic…and even friendlier for “form”!!

• No shame in posting a two ingredient recipe… These look killer!! I used to live in Boston and you must must must go to Papagayo and get a margarita and their fish tacos, and, whatever you do, do NOT miss Flour Bakery!!

• These are super fun! So much you can do with them. Yum!

• I always love feeling good about eating cookies for breakfast and these look so wonderful and easy to make! I will be making them for an easy-to-grab-as-I-walk-out-the-door breakfast! Thanks!

• I love simple and healthy recipes! Thanks for posting this!

• Teresa says:

Wow! Super easy and I’m sure super tasty. I’ll have to try them this weekend. Boston is fabulous! I was there last October and did have a couple of great (calorie laden) meals! I can’t remember names, but be sure to try Lobster Mac N Cheese. Lots of places serve it and the couple I had were delish! (I just went to Providence and their mac n cheese did not compare.) Any place in Little Italy – you won’t be sorry. Have a great trip and visit with your friends!

• Danielle says:

I live in Boston and there are always new dining spots opening. Some of my favorites (new and old) are:
    1. Puritan & Company (Inman Sq in Cambridge)
    2. Casa B (Union Square in Somerville – no T stop but worth a visit)
    3. Windsor Dim Sum (Chinatown)
    4. Catalyst (Kendall Square in Cambridge)
    5. Bronwyn (Union Square in Somerville)
    6. Trina’s Starlite Lounge (Inman Square in Cambridge)

For brunch, I’ve long been partial to the North Street Grille in the North End (on North St – go fig). Masa in the South End on Tremont has a great brunch as well.

Enjoy your trip!!!

• Wow – 2 ingredient cookies, I’m impressed! These look great, and I love how easy they are and how you can customize them!!

• Chatelaine says:

Can’t wait to try making these!

I 2nd the DUCK tour. I know it sounds corny but you get a great lay of the land and some great history all while having a lot of fun cause the drivers are great! Then you can go back and do the neighborhoods you want to see more of. You can also grab the DUCK at the mall next to the Prudential building.

The “Barking Crab” was a great dinner. Picnic tables all set up under a roof on the water – meet lots of great people.

Eating anything in Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall is a great people watcher.

Have fun!

• Tiffany says:

I have lived in Boston my whole life and it is amazing, especially at this time of the year! Enjoy! As for recommendations….if you are looking for an incredible lobster roll, head to Neptune Oyster on Salem Street in the North End (crazy wait but they let you put in your name and will call your cell when the table is ready so you can explore the area.) Masa in the South End for breakfast as mentioned above is awesome!! And for some delicious Italian, I would suggest Monica’s Trattoria or Vinoteca di Monica, both in the North End.
    For some laughs, get tickets to the Improv Asylum in the North End – so fun!

• Gi says:

and since you may be dining in the North End after dinner goto Michael s Bakery and get a cannoli – best bakery ever………….and then maybe walk that cannoli off with a tour of Paul Revere’s ride……have a blast

• Mariam says:

These look good! I remember I once threw together banana, oats, pb and honey in the blender and they baked into the most amazing soft cookies! Yum!

• Love that these only have to main ingredients!! Genius! They look not only healthy but so delicious!

• foodandcrafts says:

I wanted to let you know that I featured this in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post – please stop by and check it out.

• I’m totally pinning this recipe! They sound amazing and so easy!

• Lisa Richard says:

Just not sweet enough for me.

• I just got 10 posts at once of yours – maybe your feed for me will come through now normally. Glad to get caught up and see these beauties! Bananas are miracle workers in recipes like this! Delish!

• nouveau says:

Two ingredients?! Sign me up! I love things that are easy on the run… great idea, can’t wait to try them out :)

• I can’t believe it takes only 2 ingredients to make these. These cookies for breakfast?! Yum!

• Sabrina says:

I was all set on making your awesome vegan banana bread with chocolate chips when I saw this! Had my bananas mashed and oats freshly blended. Think I’m going to make this to change it up! The timing couldn’t be any more perfect.

• Janna says:

These were great! I divided up my “batter” and made several different combinations. I think my favorite was adding peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. I mean really, how could you go wrong there? My 2 year old loves these for breakfast. Thanks for the great idea!

• Yummy, I can’t wait to eat such yummy and delicious recipe, i’ll definitely try to make it.

• Nicki Gram says:

I wonder if oat flour would work instead of oats? Or combining the oat flour and rolled oats.

• Brittany says:

These look amazing. Pinning now. :)

• i made these they are the bomb diggity…i added coconut for a little sweetness as well as raisins and dried cranberrys and pecan pieces omg they are the greatest thanks for sharing…

• Sara Sponda says:

What is your opinion on replacing some of the banana with applesauce and/or prunes? My ripe banana supply is low because I just made fudgsicles yesterday :)

• Pingback: Two Ingredient Cookies | Awaiting Ada

• Stacy says:

Just made these this morning and although we enjoyed them, they seemed too dry…did I do something wrong? I did a half batch and added a little vanilla and mini choc chips. Thanks for this super simple recipe!

• MIK says:

The kids and I loved this recipe. They both asked me when we will make them again. The answer is as soon as I pick up some more bananas! I added some white chocolate chips. I never knew something so simple would work. I wrote about it on my blog (http://bit.ly/1i4aeuD) and put a link back to your post. Thanks for the recipe!

• Pingback: Catching Up Numero Tres: This Lovely Autumn. Alternate Title: Mockingjay | Thirft Tales

• Pingback: Hey 2014, Nice to Meet You! | Thirft Tales

• Pingback: 3 Recipes to Jump Start Your Week! | | 3 Recipes to Jump Start Your Week!

• jayne says:

I would put these in a “meh, ok, not a disaster, but I probably won’t make them again” category.

• Sarah says:

I originally made these with just the two ingredients because that was all I had on hand. They were good. The next day I went and purchased chopped walnuts and some raisins and made another batch and they were even better. SO healthy! Thanks for posting!

• Rachel says:

These were awesome. I don’t like oatmeal, bananas, craisins or dark chocolate — but when I mixed them all together, it was a slam dunk! Now I feel like I can get all of those good super foods in a yummy cookie. Also, since we just moved to Rhode Island, I am appreciating all of the Boston recommendations from the comments!

• andria says:

Even with the with the addition of chocolate chips they were pretty bland. The recipe could benefit from a dash of salt and a little sugar (I should have known). I will try it again with these additions, in the future.

• Eric says:

Thank you very much for the excellent cookies, I just made them,oats, bananas and chocolate, cheap and easy, I added peanut butter, vanilla sugar and brown sugar (a bit of both) and I put the oats without blending it, delicious! Next time I will not put any sugar and will use a bit of honey instead to make it healthier and sweeter. Thanks to you I will bake those very often, it also has the advantage of being not dairy, and very nutritious when there is no time to eat breakfast!
    thank you again for your kindness to give those recipes to the world!

• Pingback: Banana Oatmeal Cookies with a Twist | College Canny

• Pingback: Schnelle und einfache Bananen-Kekse als Resteverwertung | sabo (tage) buch

• Pingback: Favorite Finds Friday |

• Sarah says:

I have made these a few times now-they are great! Started adding raisins and walnut pieces and it’s so healthy! Tastes like a banana oatmeal muffin. Thanks for the recipe! :D