Hello from Istanbul, Turkey! I’m here and I’m deadly sick. As in I haven’t left my hotel room other than to eat breakfast, then I come back, sleep, wake up to eat dinner, and sleep again. It’s a travesty, but I’m trying to keep my head up.
While I’m feeling under the weather, I thought what not better to spend some time writing a few blog posts. At least I can bring you joy, because I know once you make these almond butter blondies, you’ll be happier than Martha Stewart baking a ‘very special cake’ with Snoop Dogg.
I decided to use the recipe similar to my pecan butter blondies, except this time I wanted to use almond butter and change it up to ensure they’d be extra fudgy. AND DAMN, THEY’RE FUDGILIOUS. Not a word, but it should be.
These almond butter blondies only use a few simple ingredients, are made in one bowl and only take 30 minutes from start to finish. I promise you’re going to love them. Maybe with a big cup of coffee for an afternoon treat? I think YES.
What’s in these almond butter blondies?
These healthy paleo blondies are made with super simple ingredients and just 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. The other basic ingredients to keep them dairy and gluten free are:
- All natural almond butter (only ingredient being roasted almonds + salt)
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
If you’re dairy free, be sure to choose dairy free chocolate chips like these ones from Enjoy Life. It may seem like the recipe is missing dry ingredients, but trust me, they bake up perfectly fudgy while holding up like regular fudgy blondies!
I haven’t tried to make these vegan, but I think two flax eggs would work well! Please let me know if you give it a try.
How to store paleo almond butter blondies:
Because these almond butter blondies are gluten free, they do tend to hold more moisture than regular, cakey blondies. I’d recommend leaving them on the counter for no more than a day or two, and then storing them in the refrigerator. They’re especially delicious straight from the fridge anyway.
More paleo dessert recipes you’ll love:
I hope you love these almond butter blondies, please let me know if you make them by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. I’d love to hear from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! xo.
Fudgy Almond Butter Blondies
- 1 cup creamy, drippy natural almond butter (just roasted almonds)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and ½ cup chocolate chips. Add dough to prepared pan and spread evenly towards the edges. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out somewhat clean. Allow bars to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!
It's important to use a drippy natural almond butter in this recipe (just roasted almonds as the ingredient) to make sure you get the right consistency with the blondies. 365, Kirkland and Trader Joe's all have good drippy natural almond butters.
To make these vegan: I haven't tried making these vegan, but I suggest testing them out with 2 flax eggs if you are willing!