Oh yessssssss. Yes I did.
I made you more cookies made with nutella. Because isn’t it obvious I love that chocolate hazelnut spread in, on, and stuffed in just about everything?
It’s evident that I really love baking you things to make your weekends happy, inspiring, and fun. Heaven knows that trashing the kitchen up on a Saturday afternoon is sort of a necessity at Ambitious Kitchen headquarters (aka my house). But before we discuss all the fudgy love packed into these cookies, I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite things lately.
1. I’m in love with colored pants aka fancy pants. I recently bought really cute wine colored jeans; they were cheap and fit perfectly! Now I’m on the search for a cranberry or wine colored coat, but can’t seem to find any I really like, so I guess painting my nails and wearing wine colored lipstick is doable in the meantime.
2. I was watching the Food Network (what else?) and Giada came on. She was making some gorgeous delicious Italian dish which made me realize that I can’t even remember the last time I had pasta. And then OMG I thought about how much I love melty lasagna and stuffed mushroom ravioli. Oh… and all that bread and cheese! Obviously that needed to fixed so I made this simple fast rotini dish with butternut sage sauce. I may or may not have ascended to heaven afterwards. Seriously, it was THAT good.
3. I went to this restaurant in Minneapolis, and I cannot tell you how impressed I was. It’s my new favorite; so if you ever venture up to the Tundra that is definitely where you should go. Order the scallops… or the meatballs! To die for.
4. I’ve realized how important it is to never give up. On life. On happiness. On love. Or… on eating Halloween Oreos. What? It’s just not possible. Especially when they’re covered in chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt. Best halloween treat ever?
5. WAIT and here’s some SUPER EXCITING NEWS: I’m going to meet Bobby Flay in New York City! Yes, it’s true and I’ll have more details to share with you soon!!! I’ve been walking around with this ridiculous grin on my face for the past week. I need a good slap in the face. Maybe even with these cookies? Or just shove them in my mouth.
I always say yes to nutella. So dangerous, yet so rich and lovely!
Maybe it should be considered a drug because in my opinion, it has some pretty crazy addictive properties.
Which is why it makes the perfect cookie dough.
Last weekend my Godkids and I made flourless peanut butter cookies, which were incredibly delicious. I thought I would try the same recipe by replacing the nutella. That didn’t turn out well because the dough spread wayyy too thin. So I tried again by adding various amounts of flour until I ended up with my favorite crispy-on-the-outside-chewy-in-the-middle cookie. They turned out perfect!
My favorite part is that these cookies only take about 25 minutes until they are in your belly.
These are best served a tiny bit warm. And obviously adding the sea salt is crucial.
Seriously, do you know how hard it is to photograph some of these recipes without eating them all at once? Pretty much impossible. I just had to sneak a bite.
Happy weekend and happy baking!
More cookie recipes you’ll love:
Easy 5-Ingredient Fudgy Nutella Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour + 1 tablespoon
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients besides salt in a large bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls, place on ungreased baking sheet at least two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until cookies are set, then very carefully transfer to a wire rack. Generously sprinkle with sea salt.