The best healthy pancakes recipes that are kid friendly and adult approved! You’ll find a delicious mix of whole wheat, vegan, and gluten free pancakes, and everything from zucchini to banana pancakes. The ultimate breakfast & brunch staple!
When I think of weekend breakfasts, pancakes are always top of mind. How about you?
There’s nothing like a stack of fluffy cakes to say that we made it and accomplished the week, right?! That’s why I put together a list of my favorite healthy pancake recipes. I have a mix of whole grain, gluten free, paleo, and vegan, so there’s a delicious pancake stack for anyone here. There are plenty of healthy pancakes with oats, banana pancake recipes, and ones without banana if that’s your jam.
These healthy pancakes are great for kids, and they’re even freezer-friendly!
What to add to pancakes to make them healthier:
To keep these pancakes full of better-for-you ingredients I used ingredients like:
1. whole wheat flour for a boost of fiber and whole grains
2. coconut and almond flour for healthy fats and for gluten free options
3. cottage cheese and greek yogurt for added protein (these pancakes are great post-workout!)
4. plus delicious, healthy add-ins like berries, banana, zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato, and of course, a sprinkle of chocolate chips
How to freeze and reheat pancakes:
1. Let your pancakes cool completely, and stack them together with wax paper between each pancake to prevent them from sticking together.
2. Place them in a resealable, airtight bag — I prefer reusable ones like these, and you can use the code ‘AMBITIOUS’ for 15% off!
3. Freeze your pancakes for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply pop them into the toaster so that they maintain their texture and don’t get mushy.
Ready to dive in? Let’s do it. Enjoy these healthy pancake recipes, and be sure to scroll all the way through to find delicious breakfast side dishes to pair them with!
What to serve with these healthy pancakes:
Top with one of these 10 Homemade Nut Butter Recipes!
And of course, a delicious side of turkey bacon is always a good idea.
You’re going to love these healthy pancake recipes. Please let me know if you make any of them by leaving a comment below. I’d love to hear from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipes! Enjoy xo!
Pin these healthy pancake recipes: