Do you ever have those days where you want to do absolutely nothing, yet you have a to-do list that you can’t wrap your brain around?
That’s me right now. Stuck in a moment of laziness slash relaxation.
It feels good to stop the noise for a moment and let my brain actually think. Happy thoughts of soup.
Tomorrow seems like a better day to get things done anyways, right?
Today is a good day for movie watching or a fall bike ride. Even better for carving ridiculous things into pumpkins. Seriously, who started carving pumpkins anyway?
Sticking a knife in a vegetable and carving faces in it is totally random.
What would you do if I asked you to carve an apple? Not normal.
My love for soup probably isn’t normal either. I love it more than chocolate. Chocolate Soup would be good.
If we were really good friends, you’d know soup is my favorite. Tomato, bean, tortilla, carrot ginger — I’ll take them all!
I’d probably always order soup and a salad at dinner with you. And a skinny margarita.
But if we were just hanging, I’d make some sexy homemade soup for my friends. With cuban spices, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. You’d love it. You’d want to be BFFs.
I’m telling you crock pots are in!
Homemade soup just can’t be beaten. Especially sexy soup like this! Yes, you read that right, this soup is totally sizzling.
Comforting Spicy Caribbean Black Bean Soup. Just sounds sexy!
Warms your soul, and slims your body. Double yes!
Make this. You’ll be hot.
Is your mouth watering yet? Don’t deny the soup love!
Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Bean Soup
Carribean black bean soup made right in your slow cooker. Simmered with spices, bell peppers, jalapenos and then topped with a little cheese and cilantro. Delicious, comforting and easy!
- 1 pound dried black beans, washed and sorted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 orange pepper, chopped or sliced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 6 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
Rinse 16 oz. of dry black beans. Wash thoroughly. Place the beans in a slow cooker and soak over night or for 8-10 hours.
- Once beans are done soaking, rinse off and drain water. Place beans, canned tomatoes, garlic, onion, vegetable broth, water salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, tabasco sauce, bay leaf and jalapenos in slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, uncover and add in carrots, cilantro and yellow, red and orange peppers. Put crock-pot on low and cook another 2-3 hours.
Taste to see if you like the flavor. Add more salt, pepper, and seasoning if necessary. I often have to add additional salt.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and crumbled cheese, if desired.
To make vegan/dairy free: Do not use any cheese in the recipe.