Yesterday we moved into our new apartment! Finally, I’ll have own office. And our place is much larger than my previous 700 square foot 1-bedroom.
I’m so eager to get to Home Goods, Pottery Barn, Target plus go antique shopping. The upside of moving is that you get to completely redecorate. If I haven’t mentioned before, my style is very romantic with a bit of sophistication. I love antiques and making them new again with a fresh coat of paint. In fact, I recently had an old headboard painted a beautiful bronze gold from my friends at MegMade here in Chicago. They have a wonderful Etsy shop too, so check it out!
Next up on my list of today’s talking points is this epic vegetarian sandwich that I made in partnership with my friends at Peapod. Like I mentioned in previous posts, Peapod asked me to create delicious recipes for their new website FromThePod.com, which I am completely LOVING!
And what could be better than a sandwich that takes about 5 minutes to make? Especially one with creamy, ripe avocado plus protein and fiber packed chickpeas. Add a little bit of sweetness from cranberries and tang from lemon. It’s basically sandwich magic. Or salad magic if you’re avoiding extra carbs.
However you decide to enjoy this sandwich, I know you’re going to love it’s flavor and how easy it is to throw together for a healthy lunch. Now I’m off to look at paint colors… wish me luck!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. I love seeing your creations! Have a great weekend.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1/2 of recipe (does not include bread)
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 60.5g
- Sugar: 10.7g
- Fiber: 17.3g
- Protein: 12.3g
- 1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- OPTIONAL: 4 slices of your favorite whole grain bread (or gluten free)
- Toppings: Arugula, red onion, or spinach
- In a medium bowl, smash chickpeas with a fork. Add in avocado and use fork to smash again until avocado is smooth, yet still contains a few chunky pieces. Stir in lemon juice and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve (best within 1-2 days).
- When ready to serve, toast bread then spread 1/2 chickpea avocado salad over 1 slice. Top with arugula, red onion or spinach, if desired. Add other toasted slice on top, then cut in half and enjoy!
To decrease the sugar in this recipe, reduce the amount of cranberries used to 1/4 cup.
This post is sponsored by Peapod. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible!