Super chewy White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are made with coconut oil and whole wheat flour for a hearty cookie that everyone will love!
I’ve always believed that doing little things is what really matters in a relationship. You always look back and appreciate those moments.
Oh you know, like those times when your boyfriend opened the car door for you. Or when he wrapped you in his jacket because you were freezing. The moments when he gave you a kiss on the forehead when you were down. When he made you dinner because you were too busy to cook for yourself. When he showed up with flowers just because. All of the little things add up. To me, they matter.
Okayyyyyy it’s true, I’m a romantic at heart; I always have been. And the best way I know how to show I care is by baking. I’ve found that a way to a man’s heart is with cookies. Because let’s face it: no one can resist a freshly baked cookie. Especially my cookies.
This holiday season I’ve been baking more cookies then I know what to do with. Too many to eat, too many to give away. I wish you guys could come over and eat cookies with me. And drink wine. Because I like wine. A LOT.
But seriously, I need to be put on a baking restriction. I’m considering locking my mixing bowls and flour in a closet until January.
These cookies in particular are too fabulous to refuse though. LIKE GIVE ME ALL OF THEM. They’re packed with dried cherries, rich macadamia nuts, oats, and white chocolate. The combination is a hearty, thick and super chewy cookie made with dark brown sugar and coconut oil. LIKE OH MY GOODNESS, right?
I created these for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. This is basically just bloggers sending cookies to each other to support the community and help a wonderful cause. I love blogging for so many reasons, and giving back is one of them.
The secret ingredient to the chewiness of the cookie? Coconut oil! It keeps the cookies soft for daysssssss. You know you wanna get on the coconut oil train. I buy mine from Whole Foods as I believe in the quality of their products is of a higher standard and trust where they source products from.
I also made these with whole wheat pastry flour, but if you don’t have that on hand I suggest using white whole wheat or half whole wheat, half all-purpose. Regular flour is great, too. Whole wheat just gives these that hearty chew that sometimes you just want from an oatmeal cookie, you know?
Enjoy the cookies! xoxo
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer beat together melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until combined. Slowly add in macadamia nuts, dried cherries, and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough the size of 2 inches onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set on the sheet around the edges. Do not over bake; we don’t want crispy cookies! Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 24-36 cookies depending on size.
Powered by Facebook Comments