Creamy turmeric latte with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. It’ll make you feel like pure 24k gold. This recipe is in partnership with the amazing McCormick Spices.
Here we are in 2018 and turmeric is still trendy.
Good news for me because that means I get to share this beautiful 24k Gold Vanilla Turmeric Latte with you.
But here’s the bad news: there isn’t any actual 24k gold included, however the turmeric latte should make you feel like a million bucks, so at least we’ve got that going on.
One of my favorite coffee shops in Chicago just started to make a turmeric latte and I can’t get enough; there’s a sprinkle of cinnamon on top and a golden hue that makes me feel like I’m drinking a cup of sunshine. Golden milk mustaches all around.
So what’s in a turmeric latte and what’s all the craze around this trendy yellow pot of gold?
McCormick Ground Turmeric: This golden yellow spice has been known to contain anti inflammatory properties, which means it’s wonderful post workout to soothe muscle pain & help recovery, and also amazing for those who suffer from arthritis.
Honey: A natural sweetener which is known to ease a sore throat + it also contains antibacterial properties. I LOVE manuka honey from New Zealand.
Cinnamon: This spice has been known to help regulate blood sugar levels + it contains plenty of antioxidants. There’s also something incredibly special about cinnamon simmering away on your stovetop.
Coconut milk + almond milk: I like to use a mixture of almond milk and coconut milk in my turmeric lattes to keep them creamy, sweet and full of natural delicious flavor.
McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract: You can use vanilla almond milk and add an extra splash of vanilla extract in your latte if you love vanilla as much as I do!
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE TURMERIC LATTE:
I think you’ll really love this healthy anti inflammatory turmeric latte. And once you make it, you can post a picture on Insta, use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen and let me see your beautiful pot of gold.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Sugar: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: .6g
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk (can use light coconut milk, but flavor won’t be as rich)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (can also use unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½-1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon
- Pinch of McCormick ground nutmeg
- Pinch of McCormick cardamom
- Extra ground cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
- In a small pot, add coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, honey, ground turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Whisk together and bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit; stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 small mugs, then sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon on top, or add a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Pin this recipe:
This recipe is sponsored by McCormick Spices, a spice brand I use in my kitchen. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!