Here we are in 2018 and turmeric is still trendy.
Good news for me because that means I get to share this beautiful 24k Gold Vanilla Turmeric Latte with you.
But here’s the bad news: there isn’t any actual 24k gold included, however the turmeric latte should make you feel like a million bucks, so at least we’ve got that going on.
One of my favorite coffee shops in Chicago just started to make a turmeric latte and I can’t get enough; there’s a sprinkle of cinnamon on top and a golden hue that makes me feel like I’m drinking a cup of sunshine. Golden milk mustaches all around.
So what’s in a turmeric latte and what’s all the craze around this trendy yellow pot of gold?
McCormick Ground Turmeric: This golden yellow spice has been known to contain anti inflammatory properties, which means it’s wonderful post workout to soothe muscle pain & help recovery, and also amazing for those who suffer from arthritis.
Honey: A natural sweetener which is known to ease a sore throat + it also contains antibacterial properties. I LOVE manuka honey from New Zealand.
Cinnamon: This spice has been known to help regulate blood sugar levels + it contains plenty of antioxidants. There’s also something incredibly special about cinnamon simmering away on your stovetop.
Coconut milk + almond milk: I like to use a mixture of almond milk and coconut milk in my turmeric lattes to keep them creamy, sweet and full of natural delicious flavor.
McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract: You can use vanilla almond milk and add an extra splash of vanilla extract in your latte if you love vanilla as much as I do!
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE TURMERIC LATTE:
I think you’ll really love this healthy anti inflammatory turmeric latte. And once you make it, you can post a picture on Insta, use the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen and let me see your beautiful pot of gold.
24k Gold Vanilla Turmeric Latte
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk (can use light coconut milk, but flavor won’t be as rich)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (can also use unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½-1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon
- Pinch of McCormick ground nutmeg
- Pinch of McCormick cardamom
- Extra ground cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
- In a small pot, add coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, honey, ground turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Whisk together and bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit; stirring occasionally.
- Pour into 2 small mugs, then sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon on top, or add a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Add a pinch of black pepper and coconut oil for optimum anti-inflammatory benefits.
This recipe is sponsored by McCormick Spices, a spice brand I use in my kitchen. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible!