You know what’s extremely essential for everyday life? SNACKS. There’s absolutely nothing that makes me happier than a 3pm nourishing snack that kicks hunger’s booty goodbye.
I love wandering into the kitchen for cup of coffee with a little almond milk, and a favorite snack. Most of the time I’m a sweet girl, but give me something a little crunchy, salty and crispy and I will bow down to the snack gods.
When Colman’s Mustard asked me to create a hot new recipe for you, this was the first one that came to my mind because I know how much you also appreciate a good snack. Many of you have asked me what to take on hikes, or a healthy option to nosh on at work and this is it. WE HAVIN’ A HOT SNACK PARTY. So who’s ready to #hotmessaround?
Today’s recipe is anything but fancy. It’s simple to make and toss together with your hands, then roast in the oven for a fantastic crispy afternoon snack you can bring anywhere. So, why don’t you guys say hi to my HOMEMADE ROASTED CHICKPEAS.
They’re cute. They’re spicy thanks to Colman’s Mustard & a hint of cayenne pepper. They’re freaking easy to make. And they most definitely belong on your afternoon snack radar.
One more reason I LOVE this snack? It’s made with inexpensive ingredients.
Chickpeas: you can buy them for less than $1.00 at most places — whoo hoo!
Colman’s Mustard: keeps them flavorful & will last a long time in your pantry. Plus, you can also save on them right now by visiting bit.ly/ColmansAK
Cayenne Pepper: Adds a kick and is a must-have pantry staple spice
Olive oil: We’ve all got a little EVOO in our cupboard
Salt: because we needs a little salty goodness during snack time and that’s also a staple so I’m winning at life right now
Hope you guys love this recipe as much as I did. If you make this be sure to let me know by tagging #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram or by leaving a comment below. xo!
4 Ingredient Mustard Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted very dry with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Colman’s dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, dry mustard, cayenne pepper and salt to a medium bowl; mix well to coat the chickpeas.
- Dump chickpeas onto baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stir, then bake for another 18-25 minutes until chickpeas are nice, golden and crispy. Serves 6, about ½ cup each.
This recipe is in partnership with Colman’s Mustard. All recipes, opinions and text are my own. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that make this site possible! Enjoy the snack. xo!