Confession: These could be the easiest cookies I have on the blog. It’s almost a no brainer recipe that you can’t mess up. And guess what? These cookies are gluten free, grain free and dairy free, so if you’re looking for a cookie that meets that criteria, then these are for you.
Actually wait, if you happen to love peanut butter, then these are for you. And if you don’t love peanut butter, then simply use cashew or almond butter. Told you they were easy.
These maple peanut butter cookies came to fruition after I had one of those maple sea salt RXBARS and slathered it with peanut butter as a post workout snack. Holy love of my life, it was AMAZING.
So on a quest to recreate that lovely flavor, I decided to make a peanut butter cookie that was sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of sugar. They turned out magically soft and chewy with pure peanut butter flavor and a hint of maple goodness. It’s simple: I love them very, very much. I used a few tablespoons of low carb coconut flour to keep the cookies together and they were absolutely perfect in every way.
You can easily add chocolate chips to these cookies, or dried fruit. They aren’t overly sweet so they make for the perfect afternoon treat, especially when you add chocolate chips (or a drizzle of dark chocolate) and dip them in a little almond milk. Mmmm hmmm.
More grain free treats you’ll love:
I hope you love these easy 5 ingredient maple peanut butter cookies! xo.
5-Ingredient Grain Free Maple Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural drippy peanut butter (just peanuts + salt)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Fancy sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup dried fruit, 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Use a medium cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Once done baking, allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Then sprinkle with fancy sea salt (and/or drizzle with a little melted chocolate). Makes 20 cookies. Enjoy!
Feel free to use cashew or almond butter instead of peanut butter if you have an allergy OR if you want to make these paleo.