Have you been loving my very #AmbitiousThanksgiving recipes?! This amazing healthy pumpkin pie recipe is truly one of my absolute favorites to make year after year.
If you didn’t know that pumpkin pie is one of my very favorite pies, well now you do. I LOVE a really good, creamy pumpkin pie and I’m 100% sure that you don’t need a can of condensed milk to make it absolutely EPIC.
What makes this pumpkin pie recipe healthy?
This recipe is a lightened up version of traditional pumpkin pie and I’ve made it approximately 20 times over the past few years; each and every time I get rave reviews about how delicious and creamy it is. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this healthy pumpkin pie:
- pumpkin puree (you can also make your own homemade pumpkin puree using this tutorial)
- pure maple syrup
- coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar also works well)
- almond milk (any milk should work fine)
- vanilla extract
- homemade pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
The recipe calls for just a tiny bit of both pure maple syrup and coconut sugar (or regular sugar) instead of condensed milk, plus it includes a blend of LOTS of delicious spices. It’s dairy free and I promise it’s just as good as the pumpkin pie you’re used to from good old Baker’s Square (please tell me know you know what that is!).
There are just a few things you should know before you make this healthy pumpkin pie:
- You can make this pumpkin pie using virtually any crust. I’m including my favorite all butter pie crust recipe in case you want to make it yourself! I always love a good flaky pie crust. Head to this post to check out all of my tips & tricks for making the best homemade, all butter flaky pie crust.
- If you’re looking for a paleo pumpkin pie, try making my paleo pumpkin pie bars. They’re SO good, easy and the crust is made with both almond flour and coconut flour.
- You can absolutely make this pumpkin pie without any crust. I’ve tested it and it comes out perfect every time. Just pour it into a greased pie pan and bake as directed. This is a great option if you’re feeling lazy and don’t want to make a crust, or if you just prefer a crustless pie.
One last thing to know: if you make this with coconut sugar, the pie filling will likely turn out a bit darker, but still work perfectly and be incredibly delicious.
And now, let’s eat some pumpkin pie!
Just don’t forget the ice cream or whipped cream.
Watch me make this healthy pumpkin pie recipe:
I hope you love this healthy pumpkin pie recipe! If you make it, be sure to leave a comment & rating below so that I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xoxo!
Best Ever Healthy Pumpkin Pie
Creamy, healthy pumpkin pie from scratch that naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. This easy-to-make pumpkin pie recipe will knock your socks off! Serve with dairy free or regular ice cream, or a little whipped cream for a treat.
- 1 pie crust
- For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Make pie crust as directed.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the filling: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar (or regular sugar) almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice and salt. Mix until well combined and completely smooth. Pour into pie pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is no longer jiggly. Check pie after every 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is getting a little too golden brown, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Pie should be kept in fridge once completely cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Store pie in fridge. Serves 9.
*Feel free to make this pie with a store-bought crust instead of homemade. It will still be delicious!
If you make this with coconut sugar, the pie filling will likely turn out a bit darker, but still work perfectly and be incredibly delicious.
You can absolutely make this pumpkin pie without any crust. I've tested it and it comes out perfect every time. Just pour it into a greased pie pan and bake as directed. This is a great option if you're feeling lazy and don't want to make a crust, or if you just prefer a crustless pie.