Spring is right around the corner so I thought I would make you something to brighten up your day! We’ve been waiting far too long for patio season, so I’m starting the party early with this Sangria Red Wine Punch.
Now you could probably call this a skinny sangria since I swapped out regular full-sugar juice for diet cranberry juice and diet soda. Skinny drinks = more drinks? Just kidding…
I love this recipe because the fruit soaks up the wine and juice, and so it’s perfectly juicy and flavorful when you drink it. It’s great for a party, or really anytime you need something refreshing.
Let me know if you give it a try!
- 2 medium to large honeycrisp apples, sliced or chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 1 cup Ocean Spray diet cranberry juice
- 1 cup of diet 7up or club soda
- fresh basil leaves to garnish, if desired
- Place fruit in large punch bowl, or large pitcher. Pour in wine and juice. Stir to combine. Refrigerate 4 hours. Before serving add in soda. Serve in chilled wine glasses.
I have partnered with Ocean Spray through DailyBuzz to help promote their new Ocean Spray Diet product. I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with this product, however my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Thanks for continuing to support Ambitious Kitchen!