I’m a little relieved that Easter is over. I can stop staring at photos of monkey breads on my Pinterest feed and get back to seasonal cooking and baking. I’ve been craving fresh fruits and veggies, and can’t wait to head to the farmer’s market to see what I can pick up.
Today, I wanted to share with you a simple pizza recipe that’s not only easy, but incredibly flavorful. Over the past few weeks, I had the privilege of developing three recipes using Just BARE® chicken for the Just BARE® Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge; it was just a fun creative process for me and the ingredients were incredibly diverse as all of them were submitted by fans! I felt like I was on an episode of Chopped. Except there was no José Andrés to stare at. Booo.
Anyway as you may already be aware, I participated in this challenge alongside some of my other blogging friends and now it’s time for you to vote for your favorite recipe on the Just BARE Facebook page. Voting is open between now and May 5th. All three of my recipes were selected for the final round, so I’d love your vote! Plus did I mention that you could win $250 in groceries just for voting?! Five eligible entrants will be randomly selected to receive the prize.
The five recipes with the highest combined Online Popular Vote and Culinary Score points will be awarded grand prize packages worth $1,500 that include a year’s worth of Just BARE coupons, a $1,000 gift card for merchandise from Food52 & Provisions website, The Food52 Cookbook, and a one-year subscription to Eating Well magazine.
One of the recipes that I developed for this challenge is this lovely naan pizza. It has only 6 ingredients total: Just BARE rotisserie chicken, naan/flatbread, mango chutney, fire-roasted tomatoes, spinach, and queso fresco.
It’s simple to make, too!
Just combine the mango chutney and tomatoes and simmer until thickened. Spread it over the flatbread; top with chicken, cheese, and spinach, then bake until golden brown! It’s sweet and a little Indian-inspired, plus you get to use up the extra rotisserie chicken you have in your fridge. This makes an awesome appetizer when you’re expecting company or just having a girl’s wine night.
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can fire-roasted dice tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 (4-1/2 ounces each) whole-grain naan breads
- 1 cup shredded Just BARE® Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix tomatoes and chutney in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes or until thickened. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place naan on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce over naan. Top with chicken, spinach, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated to create recipes for Just BARE® Chicken. As always, opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support Ambitious Kitchen!