Has something you created ever started out as nothing special and turned out to be extraordinary?
Example: putting sea salt on chocolate and baking items. Whoever started that was pure genius. Chocolate turned into sensational magic that becomes best friends with sea salt and dances with your tastebuds.
I need to start making some genius decisions that turn things into extraordinary magic like that.
Example: Dining with Shamu.
I went to Seaworld while in California, and you can actually dine with Shamu!
I wish I could have had dinner with Shamu. As long as I wasn’t on the menu, it would have been one of those extraordinary genius decision things.
But, what about decisions to help you live better and be healthier? That could be pretty genius, right?
Small decisions yield BIG results people.
- Watching my portions. I fill up half of my plate with veggies, then a fourth with protein and a fourth with a complex, healthy carb like brown rice or sweet potatoes.
- I started taking a walk around the office during lunch time. By the end of the day I’m already tired just from doing nothing, so walking helps to relieve tension and stress.
- I’ve also began doing Food Network’s Healthy Eats Brown Bag Challenge! It’s a great way to start eating healthy, save money, and begin cooking!
I will not lie to you. If you make these, you will love them. A simply healthy effort that turned into a genius extraordinary decision.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Sweet Mango-Cilantro Salsa
- For the sweet mango-cilantro salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- For the lettuce wraps
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame or olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 12 bibb or butter lettuce cups
First, make your mango-cilantro salsa. Mix all ingredient in a medium bowl, and place in fridge for 20 minutes to bring out flavors.
Next, make your lettuce wraps. Mix garlic powder and ginger and sprinkle on chicken. Heat a large skillet on high and pour oil into pan.
Once heated add chicken and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently.
Once chicken begins to brown, add the minced garlic, peppers, onions, and scallions.
Cook another two minutes.
Add soy sauce and stir. Then add basil and stir until wilted.
Transfer into a medium bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Place spoonfuls of chicken into 12 lettuce wraps. Spoon mango-cilantro salsa on top and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve.