This easy homemade BEST garlic bread recipe has fresh herbs, tons of flavorful roasted garlic, and is perfectly toasted. This garlic bread is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
A few years ago Tony and I started making homemade garlic bread to go with my favorite turkey meatballs.
Of course a classic, easy spaghetti and meatballs dinner needs garlic bread for dipping so I went on a quest which involved several loaves of bread, chopped garlic, real butter and herbs. It also involved a few stomach aches (heym I’m human and sometimes you can’t stop at one slice)!
But alas, we landed on a delightful, mouth watering garlic bread recipe that I can’t stop making.
If you’re not familiar with my best of series, you’re about to be! It’s a series full of delicious, mouth-watering recipes that are truly *THE BEST*. I mean we’re talking insanely good worth the calories type of recipes! I don’t make them often, but when I do, it’s WORTH making them. Just trust me.
Here are just a few:
THE BEST GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
This garlic bread is EASY and simple to make. Just take a loaf of Italian or French bread, slather butter, garlic, parsley and salt all over and BAKE.
If you’re feeling like you love a little cheese on your bread, you can sprinkle it on at the end.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THE GARLIC BREAD HERE:
This garlic bread is worth making. I like to use 1/2 cup butter, but you can always reduce it to 1/3 cup and still get AWESOME results.
I hope you LOVE this recipe as much as we do here.
Pin the garlic bread:
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram.
You can also make the recipe, then leave a comment below. Enjoy this bread. xo!
- 1 pound Italian loaf or French loaf
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter (can also use salted)*
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For garnishing:
- Extra parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Slice bread in half lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet, cut sides up.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, garlic, parsley and salt together until well combined. Spread evenly over bread.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges. If you want to add cheese, add it the last 2 minutes of baking. If you like a crispier garlic bread, bake for 3-5 minutes more, watching carefully until it is as golden as you like.