This is one of those recipes that really takes no time to make at all, which is one of the reasons it’s been in heavy rotation in our house lately. I make most of our dinners in 30-45 minutes, which is pretty much essential when you have a hangry toddler lurking at your feet or playing in your tupperware drawer, am I right or am I right?
This dinner is so easy to make: just shred your brussels sprouts (this takes two minutes in the food processor and can be done ahead of time!), cook your bacon and spaghetti noodles, stir in some parm, spices, salt and pepper… and boom! dinner is ready.
I hope you love this simple, yet delicious spaghetti with bacon and brussels sprouts. Highly recommend with some garlic bread on the side, too!
Everything you’ll need to make this spaghetti with brussels sprouts & bacon
If you’re looking for a great way to sneak veggies into your fav comfort food, you’ve come to the right place. This veggie-packed spaghetti recipe has just 5 core ingredients (plus some seasonings) and the result couldn’t be more delicious. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Brussels sprouts: we’re filling this spaghetti recipe with veggies thanks to finely shredded brussels sprouts! The kiddos won’t even notice. You can shred them in the food processor or by hand with a knife — up to you!
- Olive oil: you’ll need a bit of olive oil to cook down the shredded brussels sprouts.
- Bacon: the savory, salty bacon adds such an amazing flavor to this pasta.
- Spaghetti: wonderful, twirl-able spaghetti pairs perfectly with the shredded brussels.
- Parmesan: gotta have some cheese with your spaghetti recipe. Grated parmesan get melty and delicious when mixed with the warm spaghetti noodles and reserved pasta water.
- Seasonings: you’ll just need a bit of garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
Make it your own
This bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti is super easy to customize to fit your personal preferences. Here’s what I can recommend:
- Feel free to keep it gluten free. Feel free to use your favorite gluten free spaghetti noodles.
- Swap your bacon. Turkey bacon would also be delicious in here, or you can omit the bacon to make the dish vegetarian.
- Choose your veggies. This spaghetti would also be delicious with finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, spinach or peas.
How to shred brussels sprouts
- The easiest way to shred brussels sprouts is by using your food processor. Simply add the slicing attachment to your food processor, drop in the brussels sprouts (making sure the ends are trimmed off) and process until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced.
- No food processor? No problem. If you don’t have a food processor you can thinly slice the brussels sprouts with a sharp knife. Just make sure to remove the stem and any outer yellow leaves.
Time saving tip
Use either of the methods above to shred your brussels sprouts up to 2-3 days ahead of time to save time when you’re cooking!
Looking for more protein?
This brussels sprouts spaghetti would also be delicious with:
- Cooked, cubed chicken breast (my honey mustard chicken would be phenomenal!)
- Cooked, sliced chicken sausage
- My homemade mini pesto turkey meatballs from this recipe
- Or a can of chickpeas
Feel free to swap the bacon out for any of the options above, or add in extra protein to make this recipe go further!
How to make brussels sprouts spaghetti
- Shred the brussels sprouts. As I mentioned above, feel free to shred those babies ahead of time so that you can skip this step!
- Cook the bacon. Simply cook all of your bacon in a skillet until golden brown. I do this on medium to medium low heat to prevent burning. You can also bake your bacon if you prefer.
- Sauté the brussels sprouts. You’ll then cook your shredded brussels in a little olive oil, salt & pepper until they get nice and somewhat golden and a little crispy.
- Cook the pasta. Cook up that spaghetti in a large pot of water and a generous amount of salt. Be sure to save some pasta water when you drain it!
- Add your mix-ins. Drain the pasta, add it back to your pot and stir in parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, garlic, cooked brussels, bacon, salt & pepper to taste. Top with red pepper flakes if you’d like and enjoy!
Storing & reheating tips
Store any leftover bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. To reheat simply do so in a microwave safe dish.
Recommended tools for this recipe
More delicious pasta recipes to try
- Date Night In Cilantro Pistachio Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Vegan Pasta Primavera with Creamy Garlic Cashew Sauce
- Brown Butter Pistachio Pesto Pasta with Chickpeas
- Brussels Sprouts Mac and Cheese
- 30 minute Healthier Pasta Carbonara
Get all of our delicious pasta recipes here!
I hope you love this wonderful bacon parmesan brussels sprouts spaghetti! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti
Incredible bacon brussels sprouts parmesan spaghetti packed with flavor and made with super simple ingredients.. This easy brussels sprouts spaghetti recipe comes together in just 30 minutes for a delicious, protein-packed dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and outer yellow leaves removed*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 ounces bacon (or sub turkey bacon)
- 10 ounces spaghetti, feel free to use gluten free or whole grain pasta
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
First, shred the brussels sprouts by using a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to use a sharp knife to thinly slice. Set aside. You can prep the brussels up to 2-3 days ahead of time, if you’d like.
- Next, add bacon to a large skillet or pan and place over medium heat, cook bacon on both sides until golden brown. If the pan starts to smoke at any point, simply lower the heat. I always cook my bacon on medium to medium low heat. Once bacon is done cooking, you can set aside to cool, blot with a paper towel to absorb excess grease and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil to a large pan or skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add in shredded brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently until tender and slightly golden brown. Remove from heat once done.
- While the brussels cook, place a large pot of water over high heat and add in a generous amount of salt. Once the water boils, stir in the pasta and cook until al dente. Once pasta is done cooking, reserve ⅓ cup of pasta water and set aside, then drain pasta in a colander and transfer pasta back to the pot.
- Immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, garlic powder, shredded brussels, chopped bacon, and salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired and serve immediately.
To store: store any leftover bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. To reheat simply do so in a microwave safe dish.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats