Hi hi hi! This week in between sharing healthy recipes, I’m going to go over some of YOUR favorite recipes from 2016. The ones that were most clicked on, made and devoured over this crazy year.
First though, a few thanks are in order!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here and making my recipes. You make doing what I love possible and I would never be here without you.
To those of you who have made and posted AK recipes on Instagram: Thanks for sharing your love for AK recipes with others. I absolutely LOVE seeing what you make and it gives me joy knowing that your belly is full with a recipe that I created.
To those of you who left a comment or emailed me: THANK YOU. I’m sorry if I can’t respond to all of you. One of my goals this year is to get better at managing my emails and responding to comments more.
BOTTOM LINE: You guys are awesome. I hope that you continue to love AK for years to come.
Now, out of the hundreds of recipes from 2016, let’s get to the ones that were clicked on and made the most. The recipes you all love to make over and over again. Here we go!
1. ) Better Than Chipotle DIY Burrito Bowls: “I saw this while I was making my grocery list this morning and decided to add it to the meal plan for the week. We had it tonight and it was fabulous! Especially the corn salsa! My kids loved it too, and asked if we could make it again next week! It’s definitely a keeper!” -Coby
2. Best Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies: “These. are. ridiculous. Ridiculously GOOD! I’ve never made cookies with coconut flour, coconut sugar or almond flour before, and not gonna lie, I actually prefer these to my Mom’s recipe. Also, the fact that you made a video showing just how simple they are was a huge motivator to make them. Can’t wait to check out more of your recipes. Thanks!” -Laura
3. Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites: Made these yesterday and OH MY!!! When rolling these up I decided to do a “taste test” to see if I liked them better “plain” or rolled in coconut. Hands down rolling them in coconut won! These are the best ever. Even my vegan son loved them…asked for another batch asap! -Lynn
4. Healthy 4 Ingredient Reese’s Eggs: “I made these with almond butter the first time and they were good but kind of rich. Made again last night with peanut butter and they are so amazing!!! I will definitely be keeping these in my freezer regularly.” -Aubrie
5. Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread: “I made these tonight for my boyfriend… He couldn’t believe there was no sugar in them (and ate several, because you know they’re healthy and all lol)! Thanks for all of the amazing recipes, I am always anxious to see what you post next!” -Kristen
6. Healthy Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Protein Balls: “I just made these! I used your coupon code to buy some Aloha protein powder, and it arrived yesterday. Super delicious! (I actually forgot to include the coconut flour, and they still came out great) Thank you!” -Samantha
7. Best Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins: “I just made these this morning to take to meet a new neighbor for the first time. Big hit! Especially with the kids. One of her little ones asked me if they could keep the extras. (I said he could since I made two batches and had stashed some for us back at home).” -CJ
8. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats: “This pumpkin oats dish was scrumptious!!! Perfect amount of spice, and thickness was just right: spoonable but not runny…thank you chia seeds! Served with maple syrup and toasted pecans…yum.” -Rose
9. Flax Almond Meal Banana Muffins: Just wanted to thank you for this recipe – my picky, picky daughter LOVES them – in fact, we all do! Absolutely delicious made exactly as written! Thank you! -Eileen
10. Omega 3 Blueberry Breakfast Cookies: “These cookies were so delicious Monique. I love your recipes I have made quite a few already and they are all delicious. I didn’t have blueberries but I had all the other ingredients and used dark chocolate chips..they were so delicious. My boyfriend loved them too. I enjoyed 2 with a cup of coffee this morning feels so good to enjoy a nutritious and delicious cookie lol plus it was very satisfying.” -Julie