I’m finally returning to blogging and couldn’t be happier about it! Long story short, sometimes launching a new site isn’t as easy as you’d thought it would be. However, IT IS totally worth it. I LOVE my new site – so a HUGE thanks to Wooden Spoons Kitchen for taking my ideas and crafting them into this beautiful design.
But hey guys, just because I haven’t been blogging doesn’t mean that I haven’t been baking up a storm. And sometimes the best kind of recipes just happen to be cookies; so as a thank you for your patience, I bring you the BEST cookies I’ve made in quite sometime.
These cookies are actually Tony’s absolute FAVORITE. I’ve probably made him 10 different kinds but in the end he always asks for these.
And I mean, what’s not to love about chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with blueberries in between layers of coconut and creamy white chocolate chunks?
These cookies were inspired by my chocolate chunk oatmeal coconut cookies, but I switched up a few ingredients to make these a little more summer like.
I love using coconut oil in cookies because it keeps the cookies super chewy, yet they still get slightly crispy along the edges. My favorite part about these cookies are the blueberries that burst in your mouth when you take a bite. That combined with the sweetness of the white chocolate plus chewiness of the coconut and oats is one of the best combos I’ve ever tasted.
Personally I think the cookies taste a bit like a bakery blueberry muffin. Yep you read that right, COOKIES THAT TASTE LIKE A BLUEBERRY MUFFIN! Quite heavenly.
I hope you get around to making these soon and be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 oz good-quality white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (a little over 1/2 cup)
- frozen organic blueberries (you'll need 2-3 blueberries per cookie, so around 40-50 blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer beat together melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until well combined. Slowly fold in coconut and white chocolate chunks. Use a cookie scoop to gather a large rounded tablespoon of dough. Flatten the dough in the palm of your hand and add two blueberries on top, roll dough back into a ball and place on cookie sheet, then slightly flatten the dough ball with your fingertips. Repeat with each dough ball.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on baking sheet until the cookies firm up a bit. Transfer to a wire rack to allow cookies to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen.