Happy Monday. Just kidding. Who actually likes Mondays?
Not me. Not ever.
To be honest, I kind of need a break. I’ve been working a ridiculous amount lately and I feel as though I need some down time. Since I work a full time job outside of this blog, I really only have the time to create recipes on the weekends. That translates into me working all the time. From Saturday morning to Sunday evening you can find me at Ambitious Kitchen HQ creating absurd messes that I never want to clean up.
Okay I’ll stop complaining now; thanks for hearing me out. Whatever the case, chocolate is necessary today.
Chocolate with a dose of health.
Meet the Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies.
So increds. So amazing. Words cannot describe this magic.
Ugh I always say that, don’t I?
Okay but really… can you believe that 1 brownie has ONLY 86 calories and 6g of sugar? YES, it’s true.
These are made with peanut butter, honey, applesauce, and zucchini, and guess what? The only thing you taste is chocolate and a slight chewy texture from the oats. I’m quite impressed with myself.
Oh, oh, oh! These are totally gluten free; and vegan if you swap maple syrup for honey and use vegan chocolate chips.
Gotta run! xoxo
- 1/2 cup all natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan if desired), divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x11 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground. Don't worry, it doesn't need to be perfect but it should take a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, cream together peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla until smooth. Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, and salt; mix until well combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into middle comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies completely on wire rack then cut into 20 squares. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments