Why are pancakes so yum?
Maybe because similar to cake, you can make a million versions and they always taste incredible. Sweet, savory, melt-in-your mouth, hearty, and always lovely.
These particular pancakes were actually a happy accident. Last weekend I was babysitting and was experimenting with different pancake recipes for the kids. After cooking them, I realized that I had forgotten to add the egg to the batter! But no worries, these pancakes totally work without any eggs… they’re fluffy, moist, tender, and slightly sweet.
I love recipe success.
I also love these two. Adorbs.
These whole wheat pancakes are made with vanilla yogurt, applesauce and mini pancakes. I used a blended Greek Vanilla yogurt, but I’m certain that any yogurt would work well.
You can change up the ingredients, too! Add in some coconut or berries, use a different flavor of yogurt for a hint of sweetness. Make them your own.
I prefer mine with dark chocolate chips and topped with creamy peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Make them this weekend for yourself or your kids! Stick the extra pancakes in the freezer to reheat throughout the week.
More pancake recipes you’ll love:
Mini Whole Wheat Vanilla Yogurt Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Perfectly fluffy and moist chocolate chip pancakes made healthy with whole wheat, yogurt, and applesauce. Drizzle some maple syrup on top to make these truly irresistible!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt (any dairy yogurt should work!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or soy, skim, coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil or nonstick spray, for cooking
- In a large bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine yogurt, applesauce, milk and vanilla and stir until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and lightly coat with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Drop 2-3 tablespoons (a bit less than 1/4 cup) of pancake batter into pan to make mini pancakes. Add a few chocolate chips to each. Cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil and remaining batter.
- Top with fruit, maple syrup, or peanut butter! Makes about 18 mini pancakes, 6 pancakes each.