Brownies on a Tuesday. Ummm… you down?
Of course you are!
I made these brownies on snapchat a few weeks ago (username: ambitiouskitch) and saw that several of you ended up making them and tagging me on Insta. This is giving me some incentive to post more Snapchat recipes and not just videos of my cat drinking water out of a tea cup.
By the way, how was your weekend? Are you freaking out because September is nearly here? I am. It’s slowly getting a bit cooler during the evenings and the sun seems to be setting earlier each day. I’m not ready! Or maybe I am? Because September = all things pumpkin.
Yet I realize we aren’t there quite yet… so today I present you with another zucchini recipe! I’m not sure if you’re excited or just plain annoyed at this point. I should have called it zucchini month on Ambitious Kitchen because it’s basically been in everything I’ve made.
Now if you haven’t tried zucchini in baked goods, this is a great recipe to start with. Why? It’s easy, made in one bowl, HEALTHY and freaking delicious.
I tested this recipe 5 times to reach the most perfect consistency, texture and perfect flavor. The trick is to add a tiny bit of coconut oil to the batter to make these ooey-gooey perfection.
While these don’t necessarily taste like your typical buttery brownie, they are super moist and gooey, like all brownies should be. I would say that they are more of a mix between a cakey and fudgy brownie, but definitely not dense.
And the raspberries really do add so much here! I used a reduced sugar raspberry jam from Trader Joe’s and swirled it in, then added raspberries on top for a little pretty presentation (plus drizzled chocolate).
I do want to note that I did test a batch of these brownies with fresh raspberries in the batter, but they came out too moist and nearly fell apart, so if you still want the raspberry flavor I suggest using jam.
If you make anything from AK, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram — I love seeing your creations and featuring followers! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat (username: ambitiouskitch).
More grain free dessert recipes you’ll love:
Grain Free Raspberry Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies
Delicious flourless zucchini brownies with a swirl of raspberry jam and chocolate chips. These are easy, healthy, and perfectly moist and gooey.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (only if your almond butter isn't salted)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons low sugar raspberry jam
- Raspberries for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze zucchini of excess moisture with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, almond butter, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth in consistency. Add cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in about 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Spoon jam by teaspoonful onto the top of the batter then take a knife and swirl the jam into the batter a few times.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean. Remove brownies from oven and transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir chocolate until completely melted then drizzle over the top of the brownies. I like to also sprinkle mine with a little sea salt but it's up to you. Cut into 16 brownies
To make dairy free: You can use dairy free chocolate chips.