This Summer has been remarkable.
To tell you the truth, I thought I’d have more down time to relax but then I realize that life is short and all I want to do is see the world like any twenty-something. I spent a lot of time traveling without any regrets. The discovery of new places always excites me and I couldn’t feel any more blessed to celebrate the end of Summer with a happy heart.
In other exciting end of Summer news, Tony should be getting home from baseball next week, so we’ll be spending time together eating everything that Chicago has to offer. Date nights (and BDUBS) here we come!
As an ode to the end of a beautiful season, I’ve been sipping on this gorgeous smoothie. I need to be honest with you: It’s one of my favorite smoothies I’ve ever made. I’m not sure if it was the simple ingredients with bold, refreshing flavors, or the fact that it made me feel like Britney Spears on a Vegas stage (AKA a Goddess).
And there’s only 4 ingredients: Pineapple, raspberries, watermelon and almondmilk. This means you can jazz it up however you’d like! Try adding in a scoop of your favorite protein powder or a tablespoon of chia seeds.
I think they’d be a gorgeous treat for a Labor Day brunch or just as a weekend refresher after one too many cocktails. Maybe? Probably.
If you make anything from AK, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram — I love seeing your creations and featuring followers! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat (username: ambitiouskitch).
- Serves: 1 smoothie
- Serving size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3g
- Sugar: 23.4g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or berries of your choice!)
- 3/4 cup fresh diced seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla, plus more if necessary
- In a blender, place all ingredients together and blend until smooth. If necessary add in more almond milk just a tablespoon or two at a time until you get a nice thick smoothie consistency. Pour into a chilled glass or into a pineapple that's been carved in the middle. Makes 1 smoothie.
This post is brought to you in a partnership I have with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. I love baking with their almondmilk! Thank you for continuting to support AK and the brands that help make this site possible.