No bake allergy-friendly chocolate caramel tahini chex bars made with crunchy rice chex, tahini and pure maple syrup, then topped with Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips for the ultimate no bake treat that’s both vegan and gluten free! The post is in partnership with Enjoy Life Foods.
OH HIIIIIIII. Back from the weekend and ready for something a little sweet? Same. I have to admit I’m someone who always has something sweet in the house to keep me satisfied after dinner, or hey, even maybe a lunch dessert? YUM.
These allergy friendly chex bars were inspired by my healthy peanut butter rice krispie treats and have officially become our favorite no bake treat to keep in our freezer at all times. I wanted to switch up the original version, so I opted to use tahini instead of peanut butter, rice chex instead of rice krispies and of course Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips to keep the bars dairy free, soy free and gluten free.
They’re the perfect dessert to bring to parties and quickly whip up when you’re in the mood for something sweet. Best of all, they’re nut free so all the kiddos (and adults, let’s be honest) can dig in and enjoy.
Did you know that Enjoy Life chocolate is dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free and even free of 14 common allergens. Pretty impressive, right?
I love to use their chocolate chips in my baking recipes when I want to keep them vegan or dairy free, and am especially a huge fan of the mini chocolate chips and dark chocolate morsels. If you haven’t tried their chocolate, you must!
These chex bars are made with super simple ingredients and involve you making a tahini caramel made from tahini, pure maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil (or sub vegan butter). It’s very similar to my tahini caramel millionaire bars, and yes, it truly does taste like real deal caramel sauce! If you haven’t experimented with tahini yet (just ground up sesame seeds), this recipe is your chance to be a little adventurous.
What makes these no bake chex bars allergy-friendly?
These tahini chex bars are great for sharing and bringing to parties because they’re vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and nut free. To keep them allergy-friendly, be sure to use Enjoy Life chocolate chips, pure maple syrup, gluten free rice chex, and tahini instead of another nut butter. If you’re sensitive to coconut, feel free to use vegan butter in places where the recipe calls for coconut oil. Easy AND SO FREAKIN’ DELISH.
How to store these tahini chex bars:
These chex bars should be kept covered in the freezer and will stay good for up to 2 weeks. Take bars out 5 minutes before you are ready to serve to ensure they aren’t too crunchy! They will soften up at room temp so storing in the freezer is best.
More sweet treats you might like:
Watch Monique make the tahini caramel chex bars:
Shop our recommendations:
I know you’re going to love these caramel chex bars, please let me know if you make them by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. I’d love to hear from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! xo.
- Serves: 16 bars
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 11.0g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Sugar: 11.0g
- Fiber: 2.0g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Wet ingredients
- 3/4 cup drippy tahini
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or sub vegan butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dry ingredients
- 3 ½ cups rice chex
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (or sub vegan butter)
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place a medium pot over low heat and add in tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute. Alternatively, you can microwave this mixture for 45-60 seconds.
- Pour your wet ingredients over your chex cereal and stir until combined and cereal is completely coated. Pour into prepared pan, and use a spatula to flatten the top so it is even.
- Next make the chocolate topping by adding Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until chocolate is completely melted. You can also melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat if you prefer.
- Pour melted chocolate over the bars and tilt your pan to spread out the chocolate evenly. Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until bars are completely cool and chocolate is melted. Sprinkle bars with fancy sea salt, then cut into 16 bars. Enjoy!
- Bars should be kept covered in the fridge and will stay good for up to 1 week. Take bars out 10 minutes before you are ready to serve to ensure they aren't too crunchy! They soften up at room temp.
Pin these tahini chex bars: