I’m back with another super easy, deliciously flavorful sauce that you’ll want to drizzle on anything and everything. Say hello to my creamy avocado lime sauce!
This sauce is the real deal. It’s fresh, a little zesty, packs a punch of protein, and even doubles as an incredible dip. Double dipping may or may not be encouraged.
You guys know I LOVE a good homemade sauce recipe, especially one that I can use in tons of different recipes.
The idea for this sauce actually came from my baked peruvian chicken drumsticks, and I’ve made it countless times to pair with chicken, salmon, use as a salad dressing and even as a dip for veggies.
What’s in this creamy avocado lime sauce?
The best part about this sauce is that it uses just 5 simple ingredients (plus a little salt & pepper):
- Plain greek yogurt
- Fresh lime juice
- Optional: jalapeno, if you like it spicy
The flavors in this easy homemade sauce are super fresh and perfect for summer, which makes the sauce easy to pair with just about anything! Feel free to add a kick of heat from jalapeño or your favorite hot sauce! A dash of one of these is guaranteed to get the sauce party started.
Ways to use this avocado lime sauce:
- Drizzle this avocado yogurt sauce onto chicken, salmon, or tofu. It would be incredible with a chicken burrito bowl, or spooned over delicious meatballs or enchiladas. How good would this be with vegan nachos? YUM.
- Dip grilled shrimp, veggies, or these paleo chicken tenders! No judgment if you dive in with some tortilla chips or veggies as a dip!
- Use this avocado lime sauce as a marinade for any of your favorite proteins in the same way you’d use any of these go-to marinades. Finally, pour a little onto a veggie packed salad like this southwest chicken salad.
How to store this avocado lime sauce:
Keep this homemade avocado lime sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days. The lime juice and acidity from the yogurt will help prevent browning of the avocado, so the sauce should stay nice and vibrant green. Of course, the quicker you use up the sauce, the better it will be! Be sure to give the sauce a good stir before you use it, or shake it up with a few tablespoon of water in a dressing mixer like this one to use over salads.
I hope you love this incredible avocado lime sauce and find some fun, creative ways to use it! If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe below so others know how you liked it! Thank you for your readership! xo.
Avocado Lime Sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced
Add ingredients for the dipping sauce to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
Season with salt and pepper to taste (just a little at a time), then blend again and taste. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serves 4 depending how much sauce you want. Makes about 3/4 cup sauce, about 3 tablespoons per serving.
To use as a salad dressing: Thin the sauce with a few tablespoons of water until it reaches the desired consistency.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats