Guys. This lemon basil vinaigrette is like a gorgeous summer day – bright, fresh, and guaranteed to make you smile. The tanginess of the lemon juice and dijon mustard create a magic combo with the sweetness of the honey.
So easy, SO delicious.
This dressing is my go-to for quick and easy salads, and also makes for a delicious marinade. The best part? You probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already! Time to get drizzling with the goodness.
Healthy lemon basil vinaigrette ingredients
This easy lemon basil dressing uses 6 simple, fresh ingredients that give it incredible flavor. You’ll need:
- Lemon juice: for that fresh lemon flavor and the perfect amount of acidity.
- Olive oil: to balance the lemon juice and coat your salad or proteins.
- Garlic: a must-have ingredient in homemade salad dressing.
- Dijon mustard: the perfect, tangy flavor boost.
- Honey: for a little bit of sweetness to pair with the lemon.
- Fresh basil: you’ll love the freshness that fresh basil brings this vinaigrette.
- Salt & pepper: season the dressing to perfection.
How to make lemon basil vinaigrette
You’ll simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined.
Add it to your favorite salads
This fresh lemon basil vinaigrette recipe is delicious on almost every salad imaginable. Here are some of my go-to’s:
- Avocado & Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
- Everything Spring Green Salad
- Kale, Edamame & Quinoa Salad
- Peach, Tomato & Corn Arugula Pasta Salad
Use it as marinade for protein
- First, make your lemon basil vinaigrette recipe.
- Next, add the dressing to a resealable bag or large bowl.
- Carefully place 1 pound of chicken, shrimp or fish in the bag or bowl with the dressing.
- Seal (or cover) and place the entire thing in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let your chicken or fish soak up all of the fresh flavors.
How to store homemade lemon basil vinaigrette
Keep this healthy lemon basil dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Simply give it a shake or a stir before using it.
Don’t forget to check out our other healthy salad dressings here!
I hope you love this lemon basil vinaigrette recipe. If you make it, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe — I really appreciate it! xo.
Healthy Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Homemade healthy lemon basil vinaigrette that's perfect for spring! This light, fresh lemon basil dressing makes the perfect marinade for your favorite proteins or delicious dressing for seasonal salads.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 4-6 large basil leaves, very finely diced
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined. Dressing serves 4.
This dressing will stay good in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 1 week.