This super creamy greek yogurt ranch will become your new obsession. At least that’s how it’s been for me. I’ve been using it to dip my carrots and veggies in, drizzle all over my favorite salads and even dip my cauliflower pizza crust in.
Most of the time when I buy yogurt ranch, it’s full of weird additives. This recipe is small batch and homemade with ingredients you can actually pronounce, plus the greek yogurt adds a nice boost of protein. It can be kept in your fridge for up to a week, but trust me it never lasts that long.
Ingredients in greek yogurt ranch dressing
This homemade healthy ranch dressing recipe seriously tastes like the real deal but with better-for-you ingredients. See ya Hidden Valley! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plain greek yogurt: we’re using protein-packed greek yogurt instead of buttermilk to easily lighten up this homemade ranch.
- Garlic powder: love a little kick of garlic in ranch. Don’t you?
- Onion powder: the secret ingredient for that authentic ranch flavor.
- Lemon juice: always need to add a little acidity to salad dressing! Apple cider vinegar would word in this, too.
- Dried dill: feel free to use dried dill or freshly chopped chives for the herb component.
- Salt: to bring out the flavors in the dressing.
- Water: to thin the dressing a bit.
- Optional: a little honey to add some sweetness.
How to make homemade healthy ranch
Simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined.
How to store this greek yogurt ranch
This healthy greek yogurt ranch dressing will stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Simply give it a stir (or a shake) before using it.
Use it as a dressing or a dip
This easy homemade ranch recipe is not only perfect as a salad dressing, but it also makes the best dip for everything your heart could desire. Here are some delicious options:
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (is there anything better than pizza + ranch?)
Don’t forget to try out our other healthy salad dressings (plus get tips and tricks) here!
If you make this healthy greek yogurt ranch dressing be sure to let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. Be sure to also follow Ambitious Kitchen on Instagram for more recipe inspiration. xo!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Creamy healthy greek yogurt ranch dressing with ingredients that you can feel good about! This easy homemade ranch dressing will be your new go-to for salads, dips, and more. Skip the bottled stuff for good and try this amazing, protein-packed option!
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or fresh chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water to thin dressing
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined. Dressing serves 4, 2 tablespoons each.
This dressing will stay good in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 1 week.