I’m so excited to share this amazing healthy chipotle ranch dressing with you today. It’s made with simple wholesome ingredients like greek yogurt, chipotle chili powder, spices, herbs and lemon. It’s tangy, spicy and the perfect recipe for drizzling on southwest inspired salads or my homemade turkey tacos or even using as a dip for fries or tots.
We can’t get enough of this healthy chipotle ranch dressing and neither will you. Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Ingredients in healthy chipotle ranch dressing
We’re taking traditional ranch dressing and lightening up, adding protein and a kick of heat. YUM. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plain greek yogurt: instead of buttermilk (like traditional ranch dressing recipes) we’re using protein-packed greek yogurt to lighten up this chipotle ranch.
- Garlic powder: nothing beats a little kick of garlic in ranch.
- Onion powder: the secret ingredient for that authentic ranch flavor.
- Lemon juice: you’ll want to add a bit of acidity to balance the dressing. Feel free to use apple cider vinegar, too.
- Dried dill: you can use dried dill or freshly chopped chives in this chipotle ranch.
- Salt: to bring out the flavors in the dressing.
- Chipotle chili powder: I like using chili powder for ease, but feel free to sub a few dashes of chipotle hot sauce.
- Water: to thin the dressing a bit.
How to make homemade chipotle ranch dressing
Simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined.
How to store healthy chipotle ranch
This healthy greek yogurt chipotle ranch dressing will stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Simply give it a stir (or a shake) before using it.
Use it as a dressing or a dip
This healthy chipotle ranch dressing is seriously addicting drizzled on salads, tacos and grain bowls or used as a dip for homemade fries. Here are some recipe I love to pair it with:
Remember to check out our other amazing healthy salad dressing recipes here!
Healthy Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Incredibly delicious healthy chipotle ranch dressing made with greek yogurt. This creamy, homemade chipotle ranch has a kick of heat and makes the perfect dressing or dip for salads, fries, tacos and more!
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (or can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or sub a few dashes of chipotle tabasco hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons water to thin dressing
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or a mason jar and mix until well combined. If using a mason jar, you can simply put the lid on and shake the jar until well combined. Dressing serves 4.
This dressing will stay good in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 1 week.