There’s something ridiculously good, salty and savory about feta cheese that seems to pair well with just about anything, which is exactly why I wanted to make a gorgeous dressing with it! And bonus — this creamy feta dressing also pairs well as a dip if you happen to want something a little different.
A few recommendations: pour it on a tomato cucumber salad. Drizzle it on a greek inspired chickpea pasta salad. Dip your carrots or cucumbers in it. Toss it in a chicken wrap. Drizzle it over salmon or greek chicken kabobs. However you decide to enjoy this feta dressing, it’s going to be fab!
Ingredients in healthy feta yogurt dressing
You’ll need just 4 core ingredients to make this easy, creamy feta yogurt dressing. It’s super simple but still bursting with flavor! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Garlic: a must in a delicious, savory dressing, dip or sauce.
- Plain greek yogurt: I like using a whole milk or 2% plain greek yogurt so that the dressing isn’t too thin. Siggi’s is my favorite plain yogurt.
- Feta crumbles: the star of the show in this recipe. Feta adds a wonderful saltiness to the dressing.
- Lemon juice: squeeze a fresh lemon in the dressing to balance out the flavors.
- Water: to thin the dressing a bit.
- Salt & pepper: for the perfect amount of seasoning.
How to make feta yogurt sauce
You’ll simply add the garlic, yogurt, feta, lemon juice and water to a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste and process once more. Done!
Ways to use feta yogurt dressing
Besides wanting to dunk pretty much everything in this creamy dressing, here are some amazing ways to use it:
- Use it as a dip for raw veggies, for greek chicken kabobs or homemade sweet potato fries. YUM.
- Drizzle it on roasted veggies, this moroccan inspired sheet pan dinner or a greek fresh salad.
- Spoon this feta yogurt sauce onto burgers or even grilled chicken!
Customize your feta dressing
Feel free to add any of the following herbs to the dressing to make it your own:
- fresh or dried dill
- dried oregano
- fresh basil
How to store this easy yogurt feta dressing
Store this creamy, healthy greek yogurt feta dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If the sauce appears too thick for your liking when you take it out of the fridge, simply add a bit of water and mix it well.
I hope you love this delicious feta yogurt dressing recipe and find some fun, creative ways to use it! If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rate the recipe below so others know how you liked it! Thank you for your readership! xo.
Creamy Feta Yogurt Dressing (or dip!)
Deliciously creamy feta yogurt dressing that's tangy, salty and made with just four core ingredients. This super easy feta yogurt sauce can be used as a dip for veggies or drizzled on salads, bowls and your favorite proteins. The perfect way to use protein-packed greek yogurt!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (whole milk or 2%)
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, to thin
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Add the garlic, yogurt, feta, lemon juice and water to a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste and process once more.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats