Anyone remember my blueberry avocado quinoa salad from last year? So fresh and full of flavor thanks to juicy plump blueberries, sweet summer corn, creamy avocado and an absolutely amazing cilantro lime dressing.
Today, I’m sharing the recipe for the dressing because it is FABULOUS. Toss it in a pasta salad, pour it over roasted veggies or quinoa, or even use it as a marinade for your favorite seafood and meats. Plus I’ve got an option to make it creamy, using either greek yogurt or avocado — you’re going to LOVE it, I promise!
Ingredients in cilantro lime dressing
This simple cilantro lime dressing recipe uses just 6 main ingredients, plus options to customize and make it even creamier. You’ll need:
- Cilantro: for the fresh base of this dressing.
- Olive oil: to help blend everything together and coat your salad, veggies, chicken or fish.
- Fresh lime juice: I recommend squeezing a lime to get the perfect amount of acidity.
- Honey: for a bit of natural sweetness. You can also use pure maple syrup to keep this vegan.
- Garlic: who doesn’t love a little garlic in their dressing? YUM.
- Jalapeño: I love the kick of heat from jalapeño in this dressing. Just be sure to de-seed it, or omit it if you’re sensitive to spice.
- Salt & pepper: to bring out all of the flavors.
If you want an even more creamy cilantro lime dressing feel free to add Greek yogurt or avocado!
How to make cilantro lime dressing
Use it on your favorite salads
I love this easy cilantro lime dressing on fresh, summery salads that are packed with veggies and fruits. Here are some delicious options for ways to use it on salad:
- Avocado Blueberry Quinoa Salad
- Fiesta Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Avocado & Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
- Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad
Use it as marinade for protein
- First, make your cilantro lime dressing recipe.
- Next, add the dressing to a resealable bag or large bowl.
- Carefully place 1 pound of chicken, shrimp or fish in the bag or bowl with the dressing.
- Seal (or cover) and place the entire thing in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to let your chicken or fish soak up all of those amazing flavors.
Once you’ve marinated, check out all of the best ways to grill juicy chicken here! Pro tip: add your cilantro lime chicken or fish to any of the salads above.
How to store cilantro lime dressing
Keep this homemade cilantro lime dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you choose to add yogurt or avocado, I’d recommend using up the dressing in about 3-4 days instead so that it stays fresh.
I hope you love this creamy cilantro lime dressing recipe. If you make it, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe — I really appreciate it! xo.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Creamy cilantro lime dressing made with fresh ingredients, a touch of honey or maple syrup for natural sweetness and a kick of spice from jalapeño. This easy vegan cilantro lime dressing recipe makes the perfect salad dressing recipe or marinade for chicken and fish!
- 1 bunch cilantro (about ¾ cup fresh chopped cilantro)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor: cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño half, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Use as a marinade or as a dressing, etc!
Optional to add ¼ cup greek yogurt or ½ avocado for a creamy version. Feel free to add 1-3 tablespoons water to thin out dressing to your liking if you use this option.
To store: keep this homemade cilantro lime dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. If you choose to add yogurt or avocado, I'd recommend using up the dressing in about 3-4 days instead so that it stays fresh.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats