Gorgeous avocado blueberry quinoa salad loaded with fresh corn, red onion, tangy feta, chopped pistachios, and tossed in a flavorful cilantro lime dressing. This delicious vegetarian quinoa salad is perfect for summer lunches, parties, and picnics.
I’m not sure if you guys remember one of my very first quinoa salads on the blog, but I do because I just so happened to have made right after I met my husband AND the recipe surprisingly went viral on Pinterest.
Since realizing how much you all seem to enjoy quinoa recipes, I now try to put out a few new quinoa salads each summer because they’re easy and great to pack for a quick, healthy lunch.
Today’s salad is a unique combination of ingredients that popped into my mind when I was brainstorming about how I wanted to use summer sweet corn in a few recipes.
Originally, I wanted to make this with forbidden black rice (my fav!) but Abra convinced me to do it with quinoa instead and it turned out to be sensationally delicious. A unique combination of flavors, textures and summer fruits and crunchy veggies.
Ingredients in Blueberry Quinoa Salad
This blueberry quinoa is packed with juicy blueberries, creamy avocado fluffy quinoa, sweet corn, tangy feta, cilantro, red onion and pistachios.
To top it all off, we tossed it all together with a cilantro lime dressing made with olive oil, lime juice, fresh cilantro and jalapeno. ZIPPITY DO DA ZIPPITY DAY.
How to make the best fluffy quinoa for quinoa salads:
I know how difficult it can be to make the PERFECT quinoa, but I have a tried and true method for making super fluffy. It’s perfect for quinoa salads & side dishes, and will be your new go-to method.
1. First, add 2 parts water and 1 part quinoa to a medium pot and place over high heat.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low, and cook your quinoa for exactly 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, remove pot from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Then cover and allow quinoa to sit in the pot off of direct heat for 10 minutes to fluff and steam for the best texture. Easy!
This blueberry quinoa salad is one of my favorites to pack for a healthy lunch! You can pair it with grilled chicken or salmon cakes for an extra boost of protein. The salad will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. I personally LOVE bringing this to parties for a fresh side dish; just be sure to add the avocado and pistachios right before serving. Enjoy, my loves!
More summer salad recipes you’ll love:
See how to make the blueberry quinoa salad
Shop this post:
If you make this blueberry quinoa salad, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 23.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.5g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 9.8g
- For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 firm but still ripe avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sweet corn (preferably fresh off the cob)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ jalapeno, seeded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For garnishing
- Extra cilantro, pistachios, feta and red onion
- First, make your quinoa. Add water and quinoa to a medium pot and place over high heat; bring mixture to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for exactly 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove pot from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Then cover and allow quinoa to sit in the pot for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make your cilantro lime dressing by adding the ingredients to a blender: cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, jalapeño half and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Once your quinoa is done, add it to a large bowl. Add in the avocado, blueberries, corn, red onion, feta, pistachios, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing all over the quinoa salad and toss to combine. Garnish with extra cilantro, pistachios, feta and red onion if you’d like. Serve at room temp or cold. Salad with stay good for 3-5 days in the fridge. Serves 4-6. Nutrition info based on 6.
Pin this avocado blueberry quinoa salad: