I love a really good end of summer salad that feels light, refreshing and reminds me to soak up the last of the fresh summer produce. That’s exactly what this salad is. I dreamt it up one afternoon while browsing the aisles and then proceeded to head home, chop my fruits and veggies, drizzle it with a fabulous dilly tahini dressing, jazz it up with arugula and DEVOUR IT.
It’s crunchy, sweet, juicy, savory, herby, zippy and truly nothing but sensational. I hope you get a chance to make it. We love it with my firecracker grilled salmon or honey mustard chicken!
FREE Summer Salad E-book
Sign up below to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very best summer salad recipes, plus amazing salad-making tips and hacks that you’ll come back to time and time again!
Avocado peach tomato salad ingredients
This gorgeous, summery peach tomato salad is packed with fresh produce for a mix of sweet and tangy. You’ll absolutely love the dilly tahini dressing paired with those sweet peaches. Here’s everything you need:
- For the salad: fresh sweet corn, peach, english (or persian) cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado, arugula or baby arugula.
- For the dilly tahini dressing: tahini, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, warm water, fresh dill, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Optional add-ins: roasted pumpkin seeds, fresh basil leaves and feta if you’d like.
Tips for making this vegan peach tomato salad
- Use firm avocados: firmer, but still ripe avocados are best in this salad because they’ll keep their shape. Check out exactly how to cut an avocado safely here!
- Use firm(ish) peaches: like the avocados, firmer peaches won’t break apart as much if you use just slightly ripe ones.
- Taste & adjust the dressing: everyone’s tahini brands tend to be different, so if you’re finding that it’s too thick, feel free to add a bit more water. Add salt & pepper according to your taste preferences as well. We love this brand of tahini — feel free to use ‘ambitiouskitchen’ for 10% off your order at checkout.
Customize this summer peach tomato salad
This peach tomato salad is great for customizing with what you have on-hand.
- Add a boost of protein with chickpeas, tofu, grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp.
- Add your favorite grain like quinoa, cauliflower rice or couscous.
- Top with delicious mix-ins like roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or toasted almonds.
How to store this peach tomato salad
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. You can either store it with the dressing mixed in or save the dressing on the side to add when you’re serving.
What to serve it with
This summery peach tomato salad makes the perfect side dish for tons of your favorite mains. Serve it with:
- Grilled chicken or even grilled pizza!
- Try a juicy burger or flavorful vegan burger.
- Summer pasta on the side? Yes, please.
- A side of grilled sweet potato fries is always a good idea.
I hope you love this fresh & delicious avocado peach tomato salad! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. You can also share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. Enjoy, xo!
Avocado Peach Tomato Salad with Dilly Tahini Dressing
Gorgeous avocado peach tomato salad with a creamy dilly tahini dressing. This summer peach tomato salad is tossed with fresh sweet corn, crunchy cucumber and zippy arugula for a refreshing lunch or side dish to serve all season long. Add your favorite protein for a complete meal!
- For the salad:
- 2 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 large slightly ripe peach, sliced
- 1 english cucumber, sliced (or 2-3 persian cucumbers)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe but still slightly firm avocado, sliced
- 3 cups arugula or baby arugula
- For the dilly tahini dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salad: sweet corn, peach slices, cucumber sliced, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and arugula. Alternatively you can arrange the salad on a platter if you are entertaining.
Next make the dilly tahini dressing by mixing together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl: tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with tongs, or you can drizzle it over the salad on the platter for a more beautiful effect. Top with pumpkin seeds, basil and/or feta, if desired. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
This salad would also be delicious served over or with cooked quinoa or couscous. Feel free to add a can of chickpeas or serve with chicken to make it a full meal!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Great recipe. Very fresh and lovely for summer Thanks so much
Absolutely! Glad you enjoyed 🙂
I really enjoyed this salad! The sauce is amazing! I roasted chickpeas with cumin, garlic powder, dill, paprika and salt/pepper and added them. Delicious! Thank you!
Love that idea!! So good.
This is so good. And was so easy. I’m in college and I’m always looking for a tasty salads that I can throw together on a Sunday and eat for lunch throughout the week.. I wish I would’ve waited to toss the salad and would’ve left the tahini dressing by itself and then pour over the salad each day. My arugula was a bit soft and mushy. I also recommend letting the dill sit into the dressing for awhile so you can really taste it later on. Overall, this was super delicious and nutritious!
Great tip for meal prep! Glad you enjoyed regardless 🙂 Perfect for spring & summer!
The salads sound yummy! Going to try both of them!
Can’t wait for you to try it!!
This is delicious! I have made it several times now during homegrown tomato season and everyone loves it. Use the delicious dressing sparingly, I found it worked best drizzled over top vs mixed in. Also used sliced almonds vs pepitas. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
All of my favorite ingredients in one salad! I absolutely loved it!
This salad is just too good. I made it for a friend who came over for dinner and she was so impressed. Also the dressing…will absolutely be making it again! For the record, everything I’ve made from you is amazing but this my first time reviewing for the world to see.
Aw THANK YOU for the review! It really means so much 🥰 Glad to hear you’re loving everything!