Delicious peach, tomato & corn arugula pasta salad made with juicy ripe peaches, cherry tomatoes, feta and sweet corn. This easy vegetarian pasta salad is tossed with just olive oil and fresh lemon juice for a light, but flavorful salad that’s perfect for lunch, parties & picnics!
Have I told you guys that we’re in the middle of a disastrous kitchen renovation? I only say disastrous because all of my kitchen appliances are in my living room packed away in tubs and boxes. There’s no cabinet doors on the cabinets anymore and I can’t find any of our utensils. It basically looks like Bob the Builder drank too much then tried to do a kitchen reno, ha.
Through all of this kitchen chaos, we’ve been eating out more than I’d like to admit, so recently I made it a point to make a list of a few easy one pan meals and delicious salads that we could still make at home while our kitchen awaits final touches.
One of my favorite pasta salads comes from Cookie and Kate’s Love Real Food cookbook. It’s made with creamy goat cheese, arugula, olives and tomatoes and dressed together with olive oil and lemon juice. Very simple, but one of my favorite pasta salads to jazz up a bit.
Since both peaches and cherry tomatoes are in season right now, I thought it would be the perfect recipe to share because not only is it extremely easy to make, but also outrageously delicious thanks to all the various veggies, fruits and flavors tossed together.
PEACH PARTY. You down?
What’s in this arugula pasta salad?
This arugula pasta salad is a variation of Kathryn’s original recipe, except I used delicious salty, crumbled feta instead of goat cheese and added juicy sweet peaches, red onion and sweet summer corn. I love how easy it is to throw together during the weeknight or as a side dish to accompany salmon or chicken.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to complete this pasta salad:
- fusilli pasta (or your favorite pasta, gluten free if desired)
- fresh peaches
- cherry tomatoes (I love using mini heirloom tomatoes in the summer)
- corn (fresh off the cob, thawed from frozen, or canned)
- red onion
- feta cheese
- olive oil & lemon juice
What I love about pasta salads like this is that they are easily customizable with produce that you have on-hand or in your garden, so feel free to get creative with the combinations.
Personally I love the sweet, tangy & zippy elements from the peaches, red onion, arugula and lemon juice. It would also be delicious with some grilled chicken or chickpeas tossed in for extra protein.
How to store this arugula pasta salad:
This arugula pasta salad will stay fresh covered in the fridge for about 3-4 days. It’s delicious made ahead of time, too, so feel free to prep it the night before a picnic or bbq, or prep it for your weekday lunches.
What to serve with this arugula pasta salad:
I hope you enjoy this peach arugula pasta salad while you still can. If you make it, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. You can also leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let me know how you liked it. xo!
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.0g
- Carbohydrates: 45.9g
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 8.4g
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta (regular, whole grain or gluten free will work)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Lot of freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta (about ¾ cup)
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced or diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I love using heirloom cherry tomatoes for color variety!)
- 1 cup raw corn off the cob (or you can use thawed frozen corn or canned)
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula (about 6 packed cups of arugula)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a little salt. Once water boils, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of water for later. Place pasta in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until well combined. Pour the dressing over warm pasta and add a little reserved pasta water to help keep the pasta moist and non-sticky. Immediately add feta and gently give the pasta a toss.
- Next add in the peach slices, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and arugula. Toss to combine. Taste and add more olive oil, lemon juice, salt and/or pepper, if necessary. Great warm or cold. Serves 6.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Pin this arugula pasta salad: