I’ve been dreaming about this pasta salad ever since publishing it on the blog last year. It’s perfect for the summer and pairs great with this honey mustard grilled chicken, my maple glazed salmon, or even a really good steak. And if you’re vegetarian, I suggest adding a can of chickpeas to make it a main meal. So good, so simple, and SO beautiful.
One of my favorite pasta salads comes from Cookie and Kate’s Love Real Food cookbook. It’s made with creamy goat cheese, arugula, olives and tomatoes and dressed together with olive oil and lemon juice. Very simple, but one of my go-to pasta salads to jazz up a bit.
Since both peaches and cherry tomatoes are in season right now, I thought it would be the perfect recipe to share because not only is it extremely easy to make, but also outrageously delicious thanks to all the various veggies, fruits and flavors tossed together.
PEACH PARTY. You down?
What’s in this arugula pasta salad?
This fresh peach arugula pasta salad is a variation of Kathryn’s original pasta salad recipe, except I used delicious salty, crumbled feta instead of goat cheese and added juicy sweet peaches, red onion and sweet summer corn. I love how easy it is to throw together during the weeknight or as a side dish to accompany salmon or chicken.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this peach pasta salad:
- Fusilli pasta: or your favorite pasta, gluten free if desired.
- Fresh peaches: I like to make sure they’re still a tiny bit firm so that they hold together well in the salad.
- Cherry tomatoes: I love using mini heirloom tomatoes in the summer.
- Corn: you can use fresh corn off of the cob, thawed from frozen, or canned. It would also be delicious grilled beforehand!
- Red onion: for a little zip in every bite.
- Arugula: the perfect green element in this peach pasta salad.
- Feta cheese: I love the saltiness of feta but feel free to use goat cheese or even shaved parmesan.
- Olive oil & lemon juice: you’ll just need a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice for the dressing in this salad.
- Optional but a delicious add-in: recently I added salami and sliced avocado to this and it was FANTASTIC. Salty and creamy textures to pair with juicy peaches and flavorful feta. YUM.
Customize this peach pasta salad
What I love about pasta salads like this is that they are easily customizable with produce that you have on-hand or in your garden, so feel free to get creative with the combinations. Here are some more suggestions:
- Add your favorite protein from grilled chicken, shrimp or chickpeas.
- Make it vegan by simply omitting the cheese.
- Add extra freshness with basil or use a homemade lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Grill the corn and/or the peaches for a slightly smoky, even more savory flavor.
- Add avocado for a delicious, creamy texture and boost of healthy fats.
How to store this arugula pasta salad
This healthy arugula pasta salad will stay fresh covered in the fridge for about 3-4 days. It’s delicious made ahead of time, too, so feel free to prep it the night before a picnic or bbq, or prep it for your weekday lunches.
What to serve with this arugula pasta salad:
- Firecracker Salmon with Peach Avocado Salsa
- The lemon basil marinated chicken from The Best Chicken Marinades would be perfect! Check out how to grill your chicken to perfection here.
- Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Seriously Good Sweet Potato Cheddar BBQ Chicken Burgers
See how to make the peach arugula pasta salad
I hope you enjoy this peach arugula pasta salad while you still can. If you make it, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. You can also leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let me know how you liked it. xo!
Peach, Tomato & Corn Arugula Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces fusilli or bowtie pasta (regular, whole grain or gluten free will work)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- Lot of freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta or sub goat cheese (about ¾ cup)
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I love using heirloom cherry tomatoes for color variety!)
- 1 cup raw corn off the cob (or you can use thawed frozen corn or canned)
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula (about 6 packed cups of arugula)
- Quartered salami and avocado (makes leftovers last longer and adds texture to the salad!) -- add as much as you'd like!
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a little salt. Once water boils, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of water for later. Place pasta in large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until well combined. Pour the dressing over warm pasta and add a little reserved pasta water to help keep the pasta moist and non-sticky. Immediately add feta and gently give the pasta a toss.
Next add in the peach slices, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and arugula. Toss to combine. Taste and add more olive oil, lemon juice, salt and/or pepper, if necessary. Great warm or cold. Serves 6.
This arugula pasta salad will stay fresh covered in the fridge for about 3-4 days. It's delicious made ahead of time, too, so feel free to prep it the night before a picnic or bbq, or prep it for your weekday lunches.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats